But not just any dinner rolls... These are amazing. Stunning presentation, beautiful colors and an extra strong punch of Sea Salt and Earthy Herbal Rosemary.
What's not to love!
These make an especially wonderful Slider Bun.
Adds LOTS of presentation appeal to a simple sandwich, making the simple STUNNING!
And the applesauce adds plenty of extra flavor and moisture, guaranteeing a moist and tender roll. And best of all, Bread Machine easy. Letting the machine do all the hard stuff (kneading, mixing and first rise.
Like I said... What's not to love... ENJOY!
Rosemary Sea Salt
Applesauce Rolls for
Applesauce Rolls for
- 3/4 Cup Luke Warm Water Milk
- 2 Packages Instant Bread machine Yeast
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Additional 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs, slightly beaten
- Pinch Salt
- 6 TBS Butter, Melted
- 3 TBS Rosemary, chopped
- 1 Cup Applesauce
- 4-1/2 Cups Flour
- FOR GARNISH -
1 Large Egg, whipped for an egg wash.
- 2 TBS Coarse Grind Sea Salt
2 TBS Fresh Rosemary Chopped
- First, Mix the warm (not too hot) Milk with the sugar and yeast. Allow to sit for 5 minutes, you will see the yeast start to bloom.
- Next, In the bowl of the bread machine, add all of the ingredients in the order listed (Except the last three "Garnish" Ingredients)..
- Set your machine to the "DOUGH" setting and allow the machine to do all of the mixing, kneading and rising. About an hour and a half total.
- When the machine is done, Pull the dough from the bowl. Form into the size of a ball. Cut this ball in half, creating 2 pieces. Take one of the pieces, form into a smaller ball and cut those in half, forming 4 pieces. Form those four pieces into balls and then cut each of those into FOUR pieces each, making a total of 16 pieces. Repeat with second half to form a total of 32 pieces Form each of those 32 into balls. Gently press each ball to form a flat biscuit shape.
- After the hour, brush each roll with the egg wash.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray two 9X13 Casserole pans with non-stick spray.arrange 16 balls in each dish.
- Allow a second rise, cover each pan with a tea towel and set in a warm place (I just set on top of the preheating oven). All this rise for 1 hour, until the dough doubles in size.
- Do an egg wash (1 Egg, whisked then brushed over the top of the rolls). Then sprinkle a bit of Extra Course (Large Granular pieces of) Sea Salt and an equal amount of Chopped Rosemary on each ball.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes. Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Remove from pan, separate and store in a sealed container
- Serve Warm to room temperature and ENJOY!
Post a Comment