But not just any Coleslaw, this is loaded with sweet crisp Apples, sweetened with honey, has a crisp crunch not only from the bagged cole slaw but also from the apples. A terrific combination!
While I really loved this version of slaw, I made this for a specific dish...
Pork Chops and Apple Slaw Sliders.
Say that fast and leave off the sliders word, just "Pork Chops and Apple Slaw".
Now say it with a Humphrey Bogart Accent (that actually sounds like Edgar G. Robinson), and you may remember a certain Brady Bunch episode...
Come back tomorrow for a recipe for the pork chop... It;s a Pork chop with a hidden surprise center!
And in a couple days I will post the Aioli and Bread recipes... Equally worthy of my tribute to Peter Brady slider!
- 1 Bag Cole Slaw
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1/3 Cup Honey
- 2 TBS Sugar
- 2 tsp Salt
- Juice and zest of 1 Lemon
- 3 Honey Crisp Apples, chopped minced
- In a large bowl, whisk together the Mayo, Honey, Sugar, Salt, Lemon zest and Juice plus the chopped/minced Apple.
- Add the bagged Cole Slaw mix and fold to combine and thoroughly mix.
- Cover bowl and chill for at least three hours (preferably overnight).
- Just before serving, using a colander, drain the excess liquid. arrange in an attractive serving dish
- Garnish with Paprika spice, serve chilled and ENJOY!
I made this to serve with Pork Chop Sliders. Come back tomorrow to see my ... PORK CHOP AND APPLES SLAW SLIDERS!
Post a Comment