And since I buy a bunch of bananas at least once a week, I always seem to have a couple of over ripe bananas around. You know the ones I am talking about... Too much brown, maybe even starting t split around the top. They are not very appetizing to eat but they are very much perfect to make banana bread.
This particular recipe is a combination of my favorite goto BB recipe and then I added some cinnamon bread swirl techniques to make this beautiful and VERY TASTY loaf.
It is a tad on the sweet side, but perfect for when Jackie and I (you know, us Empty Nesters) have the nieces and nephews come for a visit. The kids snarf this down fast as you can say, Dave's your Uncle!
Keep scrolling down for the recipe!
Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread
- For the Bread
- 8 TBS (1 Stick) Butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 Beaten Large Eggs
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Abut 2 (1-1/2 Cup) Over ripe Mashed Bananas
- For the Swirl Mix
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 3 TBS Brown Sugar
- 2 TBS Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a Loaf Pan with non-stick spray
- In a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and cinnamon and mix just until combined.
- Fold in the mashed bananas and mix until incorporated.
- Pour 1/3 banana bread batter into prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle 1/3 of cinnamon/sugar swirl mixture over top. Repeat two more times, ending with the cinnamon/sugar mixture on top.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until toothpick tester comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan, slice, and serve warm with butter AND ENJOY!