But not just any meatballs, these have a Heat spicy flavor while at the same time there are hints of sweetness. A PERFECT combination!
They are also a terrific upgrade use for one (actually I used two) for those inexpensive tubes of sausage. I watch the sale ads. My local underpriced grocery store will offer these for just a dollar a tube about every 6-8 weeks. Whenever they are that cheap, I plan ahead and buy up a case (24) of them and pop em in my freezer. That garage refrigerator is for more than just beer.
They are also a terrific use for Sriracha Ketchup. I have added the recipe for both a single serve use as well as a bigger batch that makes 6 cups that I "can" with a water bath (makes a great meatloaf... But I digress). Just scroll down and you will see the quick single use version as well as the more detailed, big batch version.
The meatballs are FANTASTIC... Hints of sweet (Add Grape Jelly to the Sriracha Ketchup), definite after taste that the Red Rooster Sauce has become famous for. I served these up to a bunch of ladies (My Wife's Book Club). I generally try to avoid spicy items when catering to a bunch of ladies, but these had just the right combination of sweet to the spice. I made 24, at 6 myself and the 6 ladies polished off every one of the remaining 18... Empty plate, pretty good advertisement for the recipe!
Sriracha Sweet Heat Meatballs
- FOR THE MEATBALLS
2 Tubes (2 Pounds) Pork Sausage
- 2 TBS Balsamic Vinegar
- 1-1/2 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 Onion, Minced
- 3 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Ginger
- 3 slightly beaten Eggs
- 1/2 tsp each Salt and Pepper
- FOR THE SRIRACHA HEAT SWEET SAUCE
1/4 Cup Sriracha Hot Sauce
- 2 TBS Honey
- Juice and Zest of 1 Lime
- 2 TBS Minced Onion
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 TBS Worchestershire Sauce
- 1/2 small can Tomato Paste
- 1/2 Cup Grape Jelly
- Garnish with chopped Chives
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add all of the ingredients listed for the meatballs. Mix at low speed for 5 minutes, remove from stand, mix with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees,
- Form the meatballs, about the size of a golf ball. Arrange on a rimmed cookie sheet preferably with a wire rack on the sheet so the balls are not baking in their drippings.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- While the meatballs are baking, Make the Sweet Heat Sauce...
In a small saucepan, combine all of the ingredients listed for the sauce. Stir until well mixed, cook over medium heat at a simmer for 10 minutes.
- After the meatballs have cooked for 12 minutes, remove from the oven. Coat each ball in the sauce and transfer to a crock pot set on warm. Ready to serve when you are!
- Serve warm and ENJOY!
And just for fun, I am adding the recipe for several jars of the Sriracha Ketchup. Make a big batch, 5 1 cup jars worth and enjoy all year!
Sriracha Ketchup -
Scratch Canning Recipe
Scratch Canning Recipe
- 6 Cups Tomato Sauce
- 3/4 Cup Sriracha Hot Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- Juice and Zest from 6 Limes
- 2 Large Sweet onions, Minced Fine
- 1/4 Cup Garlic Spiced Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Worstershire Sauce
- 2 TBS Garlic Powder
- 1 TBS Salt
- In a small-ish crock pot, combine all of the ingredients,
- Set the machine on low. Cook for about 6 hours, stirring every hour or so. The ketchup will thicken (alternatively, add a small can of Tomato Paste to thicken the sauce)
- After several hours at a small simmer, the sauce is ready to use.
- Transfer while HOT to sterilized canning jars. Put a sterilized lid on the top and add the ring. Put into a pot of boiling water with the water at east an inch above the top. Boil for 20 minutes.
- Remove from water and allow to cool.
- Mark each jar with the date, store in a cool dry area and use within 1 year.. Once opened,use within a couple of weeks.
- Serve as you would any BBQ sauce over ribs, in Baked beans... Or makes a heck FIRE Great Sriracha Meatloaf Sandwich or whatever
Post a Comment