But not just any hash browns... They just scream Grandma's recipe file. This has been around for decades, easy to picture any of our Grannies serving this up at any number of Church Basements for those nostalgic Potluck suppers I love so much.
Yeap, this is the Cream of Mushroom soup recipe.
Yeap, this is the Corn Flakes crushed over the top recipe.
And Yeap, this is the potato casserole recipe that is perfect for those large gatherings. Easier than whipped potatoes, can be assembled in advance so all you have to do is bake (while the turkey rests).
And best of all, this is the pan of food that is on everyone's "Seconds" plate. It tastes so good that people can't get enough. If any dish is empty after the meal, this is that recipe!
All those new fangled side dishes out there, dozens (hundreds of dozens maybe) of new ways to make potatoes, but this is that recipe that sticks with you.
Grandma knew best.
Recently I started adding these to my Catering menu. I was amazed when first people ordered them and second that there were never ever left overs. PEOPLE LOVE THIS RECIPE!
Creamy Cheesy Hash Brown Potato Casserole with Crunchy Corn Flakes Crust Topping
- 2 Can Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 2 Cups Sour Cream
- large pinch of Salt
- Large pinch of Pepper (to Taste, I used 3 or 4 large pinches, I like a peppery casserole)
- 2 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Sliced Green Onions (Thin slices, green and white parts
- 10 Cups Frozen Hash Browns (thawed)
- 4 Cups Crushed Corn Flake Cereal
- 1/4 Cup (4 TBS, half a stick) Butter, melted
- Additional Green Onions, sliced for Garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9X13 Casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the soup, sour Cream, Salt and Pepper. Stir in the Cheese, Onions and Hash Browns. Mix until evenly combined.
- Spoon into the baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the Corn Flakes and the melted butter. Sprinkle evenly over the top of the potatoes.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes until the Corn Flakes have started to crisp and crust and the juices inside the casserole are bubbling. Remove from oven and cover with aluminum foil and allow to rest for 15 minutes,
- Just before serving, sprinkle additional sliced green onions on top.
- Serve HOT and ENJOY!
Post a Comment