But not just any hot dog buns, these are Poppy Seed Hot Dog Buns, an essential ingredient for making a classic Chicago Style hot Dog...
A perfect storm of combinations of ingredients (Poppy Seed Bun, All Beef Hot Dog, Onions, Tomatoes, Sports peppers, Tomatoes, Sweet Pickle relish and Mustard (Never ever ask for ketchup on a Chicago Dog.
A perfect combination of ingredients, much like the National League pennant champion Chicago CUBS of 2016!!!
GO CUBS GO...
World Series parties would not be complete without a Chicago Dog... Complete with these poppy Seed Hot Dog buns made easy in a Bread machine. The machine does all the work for you, mixing, kneading and even setting the right temperature for the first rise, getting the yeast to do it's thing.
To get the shape, divide the dough into 8 (or 16) equal size pieces. Then line them up with 1 inch separating them. During the second rise, the buns will touch. I like to bake my slider buns in standard size bread loaf pans. same rules, 1 inch separation and they also rise to touch.. Do an egg wash, sprinkle the seeds and bingo bango bongo... Poppy Seed buns for your Cubs victory party!
Go Cubs Go indeed and ENJOY! The Cubs haven't been here since the day we dropped the bomb on Japan. Who knows when we will pass this way again.
Honey Wheat Bread
BREAD MACHINE EASY
- 1 Cup plus 2 TBS Warm (100 degrees) 2% Milk
- 2-1/2 Cups White Bread Flour
- 1/2 Cup Wheat Flour
- 1-1/2 TBS Powdered Milk
- 2 TBS Honey
- Large pinch Salt
- 2 TBS Butter
- 1 package (2-1/4 Oz) Bread Machine Fast Acting Yeast
- 1 Egg for egg wash
- 4 tsp Poppy Seeds
Set your bread machine to the "Dough" setting. This recipe makes 8 Full Size or 19 Slider size "mini" buns.
- Put all of the ingredients in the machine in the order listed. NOTE: be sure to warm the milk slightly to about 100 degrees but NO HOTTER than 120. I microwave mine for 30 seconds.
- Run the machine according to manufacturer's instructions. Meanwhile prepare the loaf pan(s) with nonstick spray.
- When the machine has run it's course, the dough should be rising, double in size. Remove from the machine box and knead for just a minute. You may need to add a sprinkle of flour if the dough is too sticky.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- For full size Hot Dog Buns, Form the dough into a ball. Divide into 8 even sized pieces. Roll each piece into a tube shape. Place side by side, about one inch apart on a Silipat or parchment paper lined cookie sheet. During the second rise the buns will expand into each other. Alternatively, cut each of the eight pieces in half, forming 16 tubes for half size Hot Dog Slider size buns (my favorite for parties). Repeat side by side instructions or alternatively line them up 4 in a Bread loaf pan (4 loaf pans). Just the right size for hot dog slider buns.
- Set on top of the oven, cover with a towel and allow the bread to rise a second time for 20 minutes.
- Make an egg wash, simply whip an egg and brush onto the top of each bun, Sprinkle a bit of Poppy seeds on top of the wash. Slice the top of each bun about 1/2 way through.
- Move to the oven and bake for about 25 minutes (only 20 minutes if you are using the mini loaf pans).
- Allow to cool in the pans for 30 minutes before removing and serving.
- Serve with hot dogs and enough toppings to make an authentic Chicago Hot Dog and ENJOY!
Post a Comment