Oh Boy... Chinese take out!!
But not just any Chinese stir fry, this is a recipe for the legendary Sesame Chicken. I've pumped up the seasonings a bit, thickened the sauce for a delicious coating and added some colorful sweet peppers for a complete meal.
Stir fry easy, and fast to make and just as delicious (more so with the extra seasonings) as the take out meal... At home.
You can use this same recipe with a variety of vegetables. I used what I had in my crisper drawer, but you could easily add Snow Peas, Broccoli, Green Onions... Even swap out the chicken for beef or make a total Vegetarian meal (be sure to change the chicken stock in the gravy to a vegetable stock. Just a simple quick easy recipe for a delicious take out meal at home!
Keep scrolling down for this easy to follow recipe.
But first I wanted to share the extra cooking utensils I used to make this dish. You can certainly make this in about any large skillet you have on hand, but it is much easier when you use a wok. This is a pre-seasoned cast iron flat bottomed wok. I have an electric stove, so the flat bottom is vital. Big enough to handle all these ingredients and just fun to use. And of course, while Wok cooking is about as simple as it gets, it never hurts to have a reference guide in your library. This is my favorite go-to idea book.
OK... Keep scrolling down for this easy to follow recipe... And Enjoy!!!
Sesame Chicken, Peppers and Onions Stir Fry
- 2 Cups Chicken Stock
- 2 TBS Cornstarch
- 2 TBS Soy Sauce
- 2 TBS Brown Sugar
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 tsp Minced Ginger
- 1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 TBS Cannola Oil
- 3 Large Chicken breasts, diced into 1 inch cubes
- 1-1/2 Cups Onions, cut into 2 inch strips
- 1-1/2 Cups Sweet Bell peppers, vut into 2 inch strips
- 1 TBS White Sesame Seeds
- 1 TBS Black Sesame Seeds
- 1 TBS Garlic Flakes
- 1 TBS Course grind Sea Salt
- Mix broth, cornstarch, soy sauce, sugar, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes in small bowl until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken, stir fry 10 minutes or until cooked through. Add vegetables to skillet with Chicken; stir fry another 10 minutes until tender-crisp.
- Stir soy sauce mixture. Add to skillet, stirring constantly. Bring to boil on medium heat; boil 1 minute or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Sprinkle with mix or Black and White Sesame Seeds, Sea Salt and Garlic.
- Serve hot with cooked rice and ENJOY!!!
Post a Comment