But Not just ant butterscotch cookies. These have a crispy crunchy outer shell while inside is sweet, buttery, chewy and hidden bits of delicious Butterscotch throughout.
These are such a winner!
I was looking for something a little new, something a little more grown up than a standard chocolate chip cookie. I started with simply replacing the chips with the butterscotch chips. Worked fine but just tasted like a chocolate chip cookie with butterscotch. Not as good.
Then I recalled a crisp cookie I had at a cookie exchange recently. It stood out as something memorable along side the soft chewy sugar cookies that dominated the choices. I tracked down that recipe from a friend, added the butterscotch and viola...
A truly wonderful choice when you want something a little crispy, crunchy, sweet yet memorable cookie... with lots of hints of butterscotch! A KEEPER!
Keep scrolling down for this easy to follow recipe...
But first I want to show off a couple of items I use to make my baking life easier. A couple years ago I was gifted with my first Silipat. A simple solution to non-stick pans that stick. i have saved hundreds of dollars in Parchment paper costs, as well as hours of frustration while cleaning ... Take a look.
Enjoy indeed and keep scrolling down for the easy to follow recipe.
Brown Sugar Butterscotch Crisps
- 3/4 Cup Butter, Softened
- 1-1/4 Cup Brown Sugar plus an additional cup for dusting
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 Cups Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- Salt, a large Pinch
- Cinnamon, a Large Pinch
- 1 Bag (1-1/2 Cup) Butterscotch Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream together butter and sugar in a mixing bowl. Add egg and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, cornstarch, salt and cinnamon. Then add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Mix in butterscotch chips.
- Scoop the dough into balls using a large cookie scoop and roll in dark brown sugar.
- Bake for 10 minutes (Bake for 13 minutes if you like a true Crisp Cookie.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet. Then transfer to a cooling rack. Serve warm with a COLD glass of milk and ENJOY!!!