Tuesday, September 8, 2015

KC ROYALS Blue Flavored Popcorn Balls - 52 Snacks for Children's Church

Pin It Now!

Royals Fever - CATCH IT!!!

On the day I am posting this, The Kansas City Royals have the best record in the American Lead, are ahead of their closest competitor in their division by double digits and have a chance at winning 100 games this year.

After decades of being the doormat of the American League, the Royals are back baby!!!

We are making our plans for watch parties for the American league playoffs, championship and yes, more than a few of us will be disappointed if we can't host a party for the World Series.

So I am looking out for a few ideas for Royal baby blue colored snacks...

But I digress...

Here's an idea that you can adapt for any team colors, baseball, football, college or your favorite T-Ball team... Just pick out an appropriate flavor of Kool-Aid and you have that color of balls.

I give you flavored Popcorn!

My wife has volunteered us to make a snack each week for our little church's children's chapel.  Gave me a great excuse to whip these up and share your love of the game.

So, pick your color and Enjoy... But as for me, I will celebrate with baby blue balls!


OK... Here's what I did...


KC ROYALS Blue Flavored Popcorn Balls


Ingredients
  • 8 Cups Popped Popcorn
  • 1 Cup Sugar
  • 1/2 Cup Light COrn Syrup
  • 1/3 Cup Butter
  • 1 Package Cotton Candy (light Blue) Kool-Aid NOTE: This recipe works great with any flavor, any color of Kool-Aid
  • 1 tsp Baking Soda
Cooking Directions
  1. Prepare the popcorn, cover a counter top with Parchment paper, spray a little non-stick spray on the paper.
  2. In a large pot, combine the corn syrup, sugar and butter. Cook and stir until it begins to boil. Continue to stir and cook for 3 minutes.
  3. Remove from the heat and add the Kool-Aid.
  4. Now stir in the baking soda (Caution, mix will puff up, be careful, nothing burns like melted sugar).
  5. Drizzle the mixture over the popcorn. Try to get every piece of popcorn coated with the mixture as best you can.
  6. Clump a handful to make balls. Allow to cool
  7. Serve room temperature and ENJOY (go Royals)!

******************************************************

This recipe has been added to my growing list of "52 Church PotLuck Dishes"!

A list of something NEW worthy of being shown off at a neighborhood BYODish (Bring Your Own Dish) Party, a Family special occasion dinner, Any Big Holiday Gathering or of course that glorious day when you bring a dish to share with your Church family...

Ages ago, literally almost a half century ago I was listening to our pastor talking about a PotLuck Dinner. It happened to be scheduled around a church work day when we were expected to weed, polish and do general cleaning and maintenance around the church (you know, back in the day when there were no no-wax floors and church pews smelled of Old English furniture polish). I am of course paraphrasing, but as I recall the pastor said,

"A potluck, like a church requires work. At a potluck everyone is expected to contribute.. At a church no one should come empty handed and no one should leave unfed".
I will confess that in my youth I brought more store bought plastic spoons and forks than I ever brought covered dishes and crock pots of fresh made love and caring delights. But now that I have become a hobbyist cook, I occasionally am reminded of those days and people from my youth. I reminded and I do wish that I could drop a dish of some new creation on those old tables at my fondly remembered Liberty Baptist Church.  Tables covered with newspapers and loaded with God's bounty prepared with love and caring... Enjoy

***********************PINTEREST*********************

Come and find me on Pinterest... Any of my "52 Ways to cook" Boards are worth following.  If you like this post, please take a second and "Pin" this to your own boards... Better yet, if you are part of a foodie group board please take a second and add this post to your group pins... best way to show your Love!

And BTW, if you are not yet part of a group board, drop me an email at Contact@eRecipeCards.com and request to be added to my group board... FAVORITE FOOD BLOGGERS! (be sure to include your pinterest ID when you write)  Once you are added, any pins you add will be seen by 10s of THOUSANDS of followers of the board (and growing daily).

Rules, only 2... 
  1. In order to join you need to start following the group board as well as at least one of my boards.
  2. And you must ONLY pin original sources, posts from food related bloggers only.  If you are a blogger, this is a great way to have thousands of potential readers see your work,  If you are a fan of bloggers, a great way to share your favorites...
    Come and be a part of ... FAVORITE FOOD BLOGGERS! on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

FMP