Friday, September 25, 2015

Creamy Dill Cucumber and Potato Salad - 52 Church PotLuck Side Dishes

Pin It Now!

Always on the lookout for new potato salad recipes, this one occurred to me when I was serving up a small lunch with dilled cucumbers.

Why not combine two of my favorites, dilled potatoes and dilled cucumbers.

And it worked just fine!

Creamy sweetness from non fat yogurt mixed with a tangy bit of sour cream and of course that amazing rich dill flavor.

Can be served warm but best when made ahead of time and chilled allowing all of the flavors to mix and mingle.

Enjoy indeed!


Keep scrolling down for this easy to follow recipe...


 OK... Here's what I did...


Sour Cream and Dill Potato Salad


Ingredients
  • 3 Pounds Red Potatoes, Large Dice, Boiled until cooked through, about 13 minutes
  • 1 long English Seedless Cucumber, Cut into large dice
  • 3 TBS Reduced Fat Sour Cream
  • 2 TBS Fat Free Greek Yogurt
  • 2 tsp (plus additional for Garnish) Dried Dill Spice
  • Pinch of Salt and Pepper to Taste
Cooking Directions
  1. Dice and Cook the potatoes until cooked through. Drain and return to pot. Peel the cucumber and dice.
  2. In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, sour cream, dill, salt and pepper/ Whisk to blend.
  3. Mix Cucumber with the potatoes and fold in the dressing until coated.
  4. Transfer to serving dish, serve warm or transfer to the refrigerator and chill to serve cold.
  5. Garnish with additional Dill weed... and ENJOY!

*************************************************************************

Double Click the photo above for a
link to my growing list of
52 Side Dishes
So,  I am pleased to list this as one of my Growing list of  "52 Ways to Cook Side Dish Recipes"!!!

Sure the meat gets all the glory but real cooks know it's the spread... the specialty Side Dishes that makes a meal rise or fall. Here's a few of my favorite recipes that will help to create that illusive COMPLETE MENU!

LOTS of Potato Sides, Vegetable Sides, Specialty Salads, Bread and MORE!

******************************************************

Double click the photo above for a
link to my growing list of HUNDREDS
of recipes suitable for any big
PotLuck meal
This recipe has been added to my growing list of "52 Church PotLuck Dishes"!

A list of something NEW worthy of being shown off at a neighborhood BYODish (Bring Your Own Dish) Party, a Family special occasion dinner, Any Big Holiday Gathering or of course that glorious day when you bring a dish to share with your Church family...

Ages ago, literally almost a half century ago I was listening to our pastor talking about a PotLuck Dinner. It happened to be scheduled around a church work day when we were expected to weed, polish and do general cleaning and maintenance around the church (you know, back in the day when there were no no-wax floors and church pews smelled of Old English furniture polish). I am of course paraphrasing, but as I recall the pastor said,

"A potluck, like a church requires work. At a potluck everyone is expected to contribute.. At a church no one should come empty handed and no one should leave unfed".
I will confess that in my youth I brought more store bought plastic spoons and forks than I ever brought covered dishes and crock pots of fresh made love and caring delights. But now that I have become a hobbyist cook, I occasionally am reminded of those days and people from my youth. I reminded and I do wish that I could drop a dish of some new creation on those old tables at my fondly remembered Liberty Baptist Church.  Tables covered with newspapers and loaded with God's bounty prepared with love and caring... Enjoy

***********************PINTEREST*********************

Come and find me on Pinterest... Any of my "52 Ways to cook" Boards are worth following.  If you like this post, please take a second and "Pin" this to your own boards... Better yet, if you are part of a foodie group board please take a second and add this post to your group pins... best way to show your Love!

And BTW, if you are not yet part of a group board, drop me an email at Contact@eRecipeCards.com and request to be added to my group board... FAVORITE FOOD BLOGGERS! (be sure to include your pinterest ID when you write)  Once you are added, any pins you add will be seen by 10s of THOUSANDS of followers of the board (and growing daily).

Rules, only 2... 
  1. In order to join you need to start following the group board as well as at least one of my boards.
  2. And you must ONLY pin original sources, posts from food related bloggers only.  If you are a blogger, this is a great way to have thousands of potential readers see your work,  If you are a fan of bloggers, a great way to share your favorites...
    Come and be a part of ... FAVORITE FOOD BLOGGERS! on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

FMP