Thursday, August 15, 2013

Swirly Cinnamon Banana Bread

Pin It Now!

I LOVE Banana Bread.

And since I buy a bunch of bananas at least once a week, I always seem to have a couple of over ripe bananas around.  You know the ones I am talking about...  Too much brown, maybe even starting t split around the top.  They are not very appetizing to eat but they are very much perfect to make banana bread.

This particular recipe is a combination of my favorite goto BB recipe and then I added some cinnamon bread swirl techniques to make this beautiful and VERY TASTY loaf.

It is a tad on the sweet side, but perfect for when Jackie and I (you know, us Empty Nesters) have the nieces and nephews come for a visit.  The kids snarf this down fast as you can say, Dave's your Uncle!

Keep scrolling down for the recipe!


OK... Here's what I did...


Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread


Ingredients
  • For the Bread
  • 8 TBS (1 Stick) Butter, softened to room temperature
  • 1 Cup Sugar
  • 2 tsp Vanilla
  • 2 Beaten Large Eggs
  • 2 Cups Flour
  • 1 tsp Baking Soda
  • 1 tsp Cinnamon
  • Abut 2 (1-1/2 Cup) Over ripe Mashed Bananas
  • For the Swirl Mix
  • 1/2 Cup Sugar
  • 3 TBS Brown Sugar
  • 2 TBS Cinnamon
Cooking Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Prepare a Loaf Pan with non-stick spray
  3. In a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until creamy.
  4. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix well.
  5. Add the flour, baking soda, and cinnamon and mix just until combined.
  6. Fold in the mashed bananas and mix until incorporated.
  7. Pour 1/3 banana bread batter into prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle 1/3 of cinnamon/sugar swirl mixture over top. Repeat two more times, ending with the cinnamon/sugar mixture on top.
  8. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until toothpick tester comes out clean.
  9. Let cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes.
  10. Remove from pan, slice, and serve warm with butter AND ENJOY!

4 comments:

  1. Made this yesterday....it was delicious! The whole family loved it...thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found the mix to be too dry, almost like a dough rather than a batter. I added about 1/2 cup plain yogurt & it came out great! I highly recommend this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine just came out of the oven!!! This has got to be the best banana recipe ever!!! VERY tasty, super moist ( I did add a little left over crushed pineapple from my other banana bread recipe that I just made last week) There was a lot of leftover cinnamon mixture that I did not use but wow...tastes great! I have added this to my favorites as well as pinned it and have gone on to facebook and liked your page and will visit often....great recipe!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This bread is delish! Only suggestion is to cut the "swirl mix" ingredients in half.

    ReplyDelete

FMP