Sunday, September 6, 2015

Homemade Pistachio Paste Recipe - 52 Small batch Canning Ideas

Pin It Now!

I recently had a recipe for a Pistachio Chocolate Coffee Cake that I wanted to make.  Problem was I didn't have a key ingredient...

Namely, Pistachio Paste.

Sure you can find it on line (More than $10 for a cup).  But I didn't have the time or the desire to order something that pricey, pay for shipping and then wait for it to arrive.

SO I made my own.  Pretty easy, just whir in a  food processor for a few minutes and you have a VERY FLAVORFUL ingredient for a new favorite coffee cake...

Come back tomorrow for that recipe.  In the mean time, you may not ever need this recipe, but if you do, this works like a charm for about 1/3rd the cost.  Enjoy indeed!


 OK... here's what I did...


Homemade 
Pistachio Paste Recipe


Ingredients
  • 1-3/4 Cup Shelled Pistachios
  • 1/3 Cup Almond Meal
  • 2/3 Cup Sugar
  • 2 TBS Water
  • 1 tsp Almond Extract
Cooking Directions
  1. In the bowl of a food processor, process the Pistachios for 2 minutes until they are minced fine.
  2. Add the Almond Meal, Sugar and water and process for an addtional minute.
  3. Add the Almond Extract and process for an additional minute. Paste will be a wet sandy consistency.
  4. Will make about a cup and a half. Can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
  5. Use as directed in recipes and ENJOY!

*************************************************************************

So,  I am pleased to list this as one of my very favorite Growing list of  "52 Small Batch Canning Ideas"!!!

I love Canning! Love the idea of it, Love having my own Jellies, Pickled produce, Sauces, Chutneys... All those pint, half pint, 4 Ounce jars,,, Even big quart jars of Spaghetti Sauce Lined up in my basement storage shelves.  Small batch means I can usually finish a project in no more than an hour of hands on work and usually less.  Easy DIY Projects that last a month or more... Great ideas for first time canners!

****************************PINTEREST**************************

Come and find me on Pinterest... Any of my "52 Ways to cook" Boards are worth following.  If you like this post, please take a second and "Pin" this to your own boards... Better yet, if you are part of a foodie group board please take a second and add this post to your group pins... best way to show your Love!

And BTW, if you are not yet part of a group board, drop me an email at Contact@eRecipeCards.com and request to be added to my group board... FAVORITE FOOD BLOGGERS! (be sure to include your pinterest ID when you write)  Once you are added, any pins you add will be seen by 10s of THOUSANDS of followers of the board (and growing daily).

Rules, only 2... 
  1. In order to join you need to start following the group board as well as at least one of my boards.
  2. And you must ONLY pin original sources, posts from food related bloggers only.  If you are a blogger, this is a great way to have thousands of potential readers see your work,  If you are a fan of bloggers, a great way to share your favorites...
    Come and be a part of ... FAVORITE FOOD BLOGGERS! on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

FMP