Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Island Lover Tropical Broccoli COLE SLAW - 52 Grilling Secret Extras Side Dishes

Pin It Now!

I think I have a new favorite Cole Slaw (Actually in this case, Broccoli Slaw).

Fresh sweet Mango, Pineapple juices and tidbits combine with loads of veggie matchsticks for a sweet and savory; crunchy vegetables with melt-in-your mouth fruit.


I used the ready made bagged Broccoli Slaw found in most any grocery store.  Inexpensive but certainly needs a bit of an extra zip and this recipe provides.

I served this as a side dish, but I also made one of my favorite presentation foods... This glorious, crowd stopping PULLED PORK SANDWICH.  I spiced up the pulled pork (Crock Pot Easy) with a Cowboy Texas Steak Sauce (DIY and also Crock Pot Easy), made the bread ring myself (Bread machine EASY).  For the details, come back tomorrow.  Will be posting all of the recipes for this wonder then!

But as a sandwich condiment or as a side dish, this Slaw Recipe (a new favorite) is SURE TO PLEASE!!!


 OK... Here's what I did...


Island Lover Tropical Broccoli COLE SLAW


Ingredients
  • COLE SLAW INGREDIENTS
  • 1 Bag Broccoli Slaw
  • 1 Medium Red Bell Pepper, chopped
  • 4 Green Onions, chopped, green and white parts
  • 1/4 Cup Cilantro, chopped
  • 1 Medium Mango, skin and seed removed, diced
  • 1 Small Can Pineapple Tidbits, reserve the jusice
  • FOR THE DRESSING
  • 3 TBS Mayonnaise
  • 1 TBS Cider Vinegar
  • 2 TBS Reserved Pineapple Juice from the Can
  • 1 TBS Spicy Brown Mustard
  • 2 TBS Sugar
  • Pinch of Salt and Pepper to Taste
Cooking Directions
  1. Combine all of the Slaw Ingredients in a large bowl.
  2. Whisk together all of the Slaw Dressing ingredients. Pour over the slaw and fold to combine. Refrigerate covered for 3 hours, Drain excess liquid. Arrange on a serving platter or bowl, cover and return to the fridge overnight.
  3. Serve Chilled and ENJOY!

*************************************************************************

Double Click the Photo above for
my GROWING list of HUNDREDS
of BBQ Recipes
So,  I am pleased to list this as one of my Growing list of  "52 Grilling Time Secret Extras" or "52 Ways to Cook BBQ and Grilling Recipes"!!!

Well over 52 recipes actually as I just can't stop... Over 100 in one grilling season (I love to grill!). But not just leat... Drinks, Condiments (LOTS of different BBQ sauces), Drinks, Desserts... even specialty items like GRILLED Pizza, and fun shaped Watermelons.  Easy and these ideas will make you the MASTER of your Backyard Domain!

*************************************************************************

Double Click the photo above for my
GROWING list of Hundreds of
Side Dishes
So,  I am also pleased to list this as one of my Growing list of  "52 Ways to Cook Side Dish Recipes"!!!

Sure the meat gets all the glory but real cooks know it's the spread... the specialty Side Dishes that makes a meal rise or fall. Here's a few of my favorite recipes that will help to create that illusive COMPLETE MENU!

LOTS of Potato Sides, Vegetable Sides, Specialty Salads, Bread and MORE!

****************************PINTEREST**************************

Come and find me on Pinterest... Any of my "52 Ways to cook" Boards are worth following.  If you like this post, please take a second and "Pin" this to your own boards... Better yet, if you are part of a foodie group board please take a second and add this post to your group pins... best way to show your Love!

And BTW, if you are not yet part of a group board, drop me an email at Contact@eRecipeCards.com and request to be added to my group board... FAVORITE FOOD BLOGGERS! (be sure to include your pinterest ID when you write)  Once you are added, any pins you add will be seen by 10s of THOUSANDS of followers of the board (and growing daily).

Rules, only 2... 
  1. In order to join you need to start following the group board as well as at least one of my boards.
  2. And you must ONLY pin original sources, posts from food related bloggers only.  If you are a blogger, this is a great way to have thousands of potential readers see your work,  If you are a fan of bloggers, a great way to share your favorites...
    Come and be a part of ... FAVORITE FOOD BLOGGERS! on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

FMP