But not just any Chili Recipe, this is incredibly easy, serves up in a casserole form and all topped off with a layer of crunchy cheesy, tasty Tater Tots
- The recipe is made in a single skillet. No need to get the kitchen filled with dishes.
- Comes together fast... Except for cooking time, this takes less than 20 minutes of hands on work.
- LOADED with plenty of Beans (healthy), vegetables (Well, Onions, healthy as well)!
- A Kid friendly Tater Tot upgrade. Look for sales and stock up on these handy frozen wonders. Topped with crispy crunchy layer of Tater Tots (Kids LOVE this recipe)
- A layer of Gooey Cheesy goodness throughout and for garnish on the top
- You can make this the night before, for an easy "pop in the oven" lunch.
Easy to follow recipe below, keep scrolling down.
But I wanted to share a fantastic gift I received... If you don't have one, I highly recommend one of these HEAVY pre-seasoned cast irn skillets. Large enough to cook most anything. Pre- Seasoned means the skillet comes ready to cook in. None of the intimidating tasks that need to be done with a non seasoned skillet... Love this and worth every penny. And remember Amazon ships free on orders over $25!
Keep scrolling down, recipe below.
Chili and Tots
- 1 pound Hamburger
- 1 Medium Onion, Diced
- 1 Can (15 Ounces) Chili Beans
- 1 Can (15 Ounces) Tomato Sauce
(Pizza Sauce or Pasta Sauce)
- 2 TBS Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 Cups Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Cup additional Cheddar Cheese for topping
- 2 Pounds Frozen Tater Tots
- In a very large skillet, Brown Hamburger on medium high heat, breaking up the meat. Once cooked through, add the diced onion and saute with the hamburger for 5 minutes. Drain the rendered fat from the skillet..
- Add the seasonings, Chili powder, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder and Red Pepper Flakes. Stir to evenly mix and evenly flatten the meat in the bottom of the skillet.
- Evenly sprinkle 2 cups of cheese over the hamburger
- Layer top with frozen tater tots. If not baking right away, cover tightly with foil and chill in fridge until the next morning.
- When ready to bake, set oven to 350F with rack on middle position. Once oven reaches 350F, place casserole in oven for about 35 minutes.
Top with additional 1 cup cheese,
Bake another 5-10 minutes or until sides are bubbling and top is golden brown. Let rest at room temp 10 minutes, and serve.
- Serve Hot and ENJOY!
Post a Comment