But not just any Pecan Pie, this is the ultimate, WORLD'S BEST Pecan Pie! OF course, loaded with Pecans, deliciously sweet and a beautiful flavored custard center with a mix of pecan texture. BUT, add in hints of smooth caramel plus just the barest hint of Kentucky Bourbon and WHAT A PIE!
Dare I suggest World's best... I Dare!
The bones of this recipe came from a recent trip to new Orleans. I twisted and tweaked a bit to make the recipe my own (Bourbon and the fresh made butterscotch). the pie became an instant hit on my holiday table. Destined to become a hit at any big family occasions.
The pie is quite sweet with tons of stuff that is just not that good for you. It is a splurge pie that will probably only be served on special occasions. But once you make the decision to splurge... Go for this one!
Enjoy indeed, and Happy Holidays!
Ingredients (Makes two Pies)
- Two Pie Shells (Store bought ready made or try My Never Fail Scratch Made Recipe. Partially Parbaked
- For the Caramel
1/2 Cup (1 Stick) Butter, softened to room temperature
- 2/3 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream to mix with the sugar and butter for the Caramel
- For the Filling
1 Pound Brown Sugar
- 3 Cups Corn Syrup
- 1-1/2 Sticks Butter
- Large Pinch Salt
- 9 Eggs
- Plus4 Egg Yolks
- 1/4 Cup Bourbon
- 4 Cups Crushed Pecan Pieces
- Additional whole Pecan halves for an attractive top
- To make the Caramel... combine 1 stick softened butter and brown sugar ín a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, whískíng constantly, until mixture begins to bubble. Continue cooking, whískíng constantly, for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Slowly whisk in 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream until smooth. Cool caramel about 15 minutes.
- In a Medium Pot, heat 1 Pound Brown Sugar, 3 Cups Corn Syrup, and 1-1/2 Sticks Butter over medium heat until butter is completely melted and just starts to bubble.
- Add in the Fresh made Butterscotch and stir until smooth and fully incorporated. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, in the bowl of a stand mixer, whisk the eggs and egg yolks with the Bourbon until fully mixed.
- Slowly, add 1/4 Cup of the sugar mixture into the egg mix with the whisk attachment running. Wait 30 seconds, add an additional 1/4 cup... Repeat until all of the sugar mix is incorporated.
- Remove bowl from mixer and fold in the broken pecan pieces to an even mix.
- Pour mixture into the two partially pre-baked pie shells. Garnish with additional whole half Pecans, floating on the top in an attractive pattern.
- Bake in a 350 degree pre-heated oven for 25 minutes. Rotate pies for even baking, return to oven and bake an additional 25 minutes until set in the center.
- Let cool on rack for 2 hours before serving.
- Before serving, garnish with a bit of Whipped Cream, or provide a bowl of whipped cream on the side.
- Serve Room Temperature and ENJOY!
Post a Comment