But not just any Coleslaw, this is loaded with the flavors of a summer BBQ!
I was serving this up as p[art of a tailgating football celebration buffet. BBQ Ribs, Brisket, Pulled Pork, Side Dishes and a chance to root root root for the home team. OF COURSE you needed a coleslaw. I was serving this up in January, so I wanted to add all the flavors of a summer BBQ that I could.
It's a very simple recipe. Takes minutes to put together. the real "cooking" (in this case, the melding of flavors) happens while the slaw rests comfortably in the fridge for a few hours, allowing all the flavors to nix mingle and meld into that classic of summer dishes and accompaniment to any BBQ.
And of course using that bag of slaw you find in the store makes this especially easy.
Keep scrolling down for this easy to follow recipe.
But first, for any big deal party (like a Chef's appearance in a post season football game), What a great way to display those appetizers on this three tiered food tray. Make your party planning something special for the eyes as well as the taste buds. Your food deserves it.
And as I said, keep scrolling down for this easy to follow recipe...
- 1 Bag Cole Slaw
- 1/4 Cup Cider Vinegar
- 1/3 Cup Your favorite BBQ Sauce
- 2 TBS Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Yellow Mustard
- Large pinch each Salt and Pepper
- Additional Tabasco Hot Sauce to taste (May not be needed at all if using a spicy BBQ Sauce)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the BBQ Sauce, Mayo, Cider Vinegar, Sugar, Salt and pepper.
- Add the bagged Cole Slaw mix and fold to combine and thoroughly mix.
- Cover bowl and chill for at least three hours (preferably overnight).
- Just before serving, using a colander, drain the excess liquid. arrange in an attractive serving dish. Taste, ad additional seasonings to taste, salt, pepper and possibly a hot sauce
- Garnish with Paprika spice, serve chilled and ENJOY!
Post a Comment