But not just any Pinwheels, this is a GREAT idea for a Holiday Party with the colors. Anything red and green accented becomes a holiday appetizer. But it is also a great way to use up a few leftovers from Holiday cooking.
Got a few extra Green Onions... Here you go.
Only need to use half a Red bell Pepper... Here you go again.
Got a few Black Olives left../ Well, you get the idea.
Hunt down bricks of cream cheese on sale. Two weeks before Thanksgiving many store put cream cheese on sale for about a dollar a brick. Go ahead, buy a dozen. Cheesecakes, pinwheels, Cheese Balls. Dips... All sorts of ideas. Betcha you can use up all dozen before the holidays are over. Suddenly these Beautiful Tasty Appetizers become not just affordable but actually cheap... About a quarter apiece. What a deal!
Love the Ranch spice mix. I fund a spicy Ranch spice mix to mix into the cream cheese base. Added a fantastic surprise flavor. If you have sensitive palates that you want to please with less spicy foods, feel free to use the Original version of the ranch mix (and probably want to avoid the Olives as well).
The How To's of this recipe are pretty easy. Spread the mix on a tortilla, gently but firmly roll the tortillas (you will know if you are using too much firmness, the goo oozes out the sides). Roll up and stor in the fridge until the cream cheese re-firms up. Slice and enjoy. Here's a photo that gives you an idea of what I mean...
And as Always... ENJOY!
Sweet Creamy Spicy Ranch Pinwheel Appetizers
- 2 Bricks (8 OZ each) Cream Cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 Package Spicy Ranch Dressing Mix (The spice mix package, NOT the bottled Dressing)
- 6 Green onions, thin sliced, white and green parts
- 1/2 Red Pepper, chopped and minced small (Same size as the sliced green onions)
- 10 Large Ripe Black Olives, chopped and minced (Same size as the green onions)
- 5 (12 inch) Flour tortillas
- Sprinkle of Sweet Paprika
- First, Make the Goo...
In the bowl of a Stand Mixer (KitchenAid), Add the cream Cheese and the ranch spice mix together and mix until creamy. I use the whisk attachment and scrape down the bowl frequently. This will take about 5 minutes to get the whipped texture.
- Add the 'Fixins, the Red Bell Peppers, the Green onions and the Black Olives and fold until well combined and evenly mixed. I do this by hand.
- Spread your tortillas out and evenly distribute cream cheese mixture among tortillas and spread just shy of the edges.
- Roll up the Tortillas. Not too tightly or the goo will seep out the ends. Wrap in plastic cling wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Unwrap and Slice into 1/2 inch Pieces, Arrange attractively on a platter. Sprinkle a little Smoked Paprika for extra flavor and color presentation. Wrap the platter and return to the fridge until ready to serve.
- Serve Chilled and ENJOY!
Post a Comment