But these little gems are not just anything, these have that wonderful combination of Heat (I used a sprinkle of Cajun Spice mix) with the sweat of Candy Bacon. All that heat/sweet flavor wrapped inside a savory piece of grated potato and BACON!
These beauties will become the most popular and talked about appetizer for your party, pass a plate event, potluck or any big family gathering. Put out a plate and bang they are gone, leaving that frou frou Foie Gras appetizer your sister-in-law spent hours making in the leftover pile.
May not be fancy, may not be pretty, but flavorful, delicious and at teh end of the night... Gone
Only 4 ingredients, easy and fast to assemble and popular!
- 36 Frozen Tater Tots
- 12 slices Bacon
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- Sprinkle of Cajun Spices (can use Taco Spice, Chili Powder or your favorite BBQ Rub)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut each bacon strip into 3 equal size pieces.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil and place a cooling rack on top of the pan. This will allow the bacon to crisp on all sides.
- Wrap each frozen tater tot in one of the cut bacon pieces. Bacon will overlap by a fraction of an inch.
- Roll the wrapped tot in the brown sugar coating all around.
- Place the tot seam side down on the wire rack. Repeat with remaining bacon and tots.
- Sprinkle the Spice mix on top of the bacon wrapped tots.
- Bake for 20 minutes, check the crispiness of the bacon (I check the color). Continue to bake at 5 minute intervals until the bacon is a beautiful crispy cooked bacon color.
- Serve warm and ENJOY!