Now how's this for a pretty dish?
Actually, the rainbow plate of minced, diced deliciousness was eventually mixed in with the rest of the salsa. But, the line up sure made for a colorful photograph.
Just this morning my wife, a neighbor and couple of friends made our way to the Kansas City River Market (The BIG Farmer's Market). One of the oldest FM in the country and still one of the best.
So, an hours worth of leisurely shopping, another 20 minutes of chopping, dicing and mincing (many hands make light work) and we had a salsa to remember!
Bright, colorful, tropically sweet, savory and spicy...
Fresh and Healthy and a DELICIOUS BLEND OF FARMER's MARKET FLAVORS!
- 2 Cans Sweet Corn, Drained
- 2 Cans Black Beans, Drained
- 2 Large Beefsteak Tomatoes (When Fresh, otherwise grab 5-6 Roma Tomatoes), Diced, each piece about the size of a Bean
- 1 Large Red Pepper, Cored and Diced each piece being about the size of a bean
- 1 Large Green Pepper Cored and Diced each piece being about the size of a bean
- 1 Large Yellow Peppers, Cored and Diced each piece being about the size of a bean
- 1 Medium Red Onion, Diced each piece being about the size of a bean
- 2 Medium Large Mangoes Skin and Seed removed, Diced each piece being about the size of a bean
- 1 Small Pineapple, Cored and Diced each piece being about the size of a bean
- 2 Medium Jalapeno Peppers, Stem, Inner White Membrane and Seeds removed, Minced to very tiny pieces
- 4 Cloves of Garlic, Minced to very tiny pieces
- Zest and Juice of 3 medium Limes
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- It's a simple dump and mix recipe... Dump all the ingredients into a large bowl. Be sure to drain and rinse the beans and corn. And the zest of the limes help soften the garlic and jalapenos, while the pineapple and mango add a sweet tropical flavor.
- Best when made 12-24 hours in advance
- Serve chilled with Torilla Scoop Style Chips and ENJOY!
Post a Comment