But not just any Sliders, these have all the flavors of a Pepperoni Pizza!
I made these as a treat after church services recently and they were wildly received. A fantastic combination of pizza ingredients, able to be hand held in a little couple of bite sandwich!
These come out of the serving dish hot and gooey. As you pull them out of the dish, the cheese gets that fantastic stretchy stringy cheesy texture! 48 little bitty sandwiches (a couple of bites each) and bing bang boom, they were gone in a flash. Everyone loves Reubens!
It's very easy and fast to make these. I like to toast just the middle of each sandwich. Adds a bit of stiffness so the very very soft Hawaiian rolls stand up to the bites!
Keep scrolling down for this easy to follow recipe. But first I have a suggestion for keeping the sliders in serve able shape while you transfer from place to place...
And to hold everything together, I bake them on a cookie sheet, then transfer them to an electric skillet. I recently added a FANTASTIC dish to my want list. An electric skillet but one with a ceramic coating. That ceramic is thick enough to provide more even heating as your dishes cook or in this case, as they warm. Especially if these are going from place to place, An electric skillet is a wonderful way to keep them warm!
Keep scrolling... here's the recipe!
Pizza Sandwich Sliders
Appetizers for a Crowd
Appetizers for a Crowd
- 48 Hawaiian Rolls
- 4 Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Package Pepperoni Slices (7 Ounces), enough for 4 slices per slider
- 1 (12 Ounce) jar Tomato Sauce, Pizza
- 1/2 Stick (4 TBS) Butter, Melted
- Sprinkle of Garlic Herb mix (McCormick makes a good flavorful blend, easy to find)
- Sprinkle of Parmesan Cheese
- Set your oven to broil
- Carefully slice the Hawaiian Rolls in half. Be careful to not mush them with too much force. use a good bread knife and let the knife do the cutting.
- Separate each bun. Arrange tops and bottoms, cut side up on separate cookie trays (remember to arrange so you know which top goes with which bottom) on a cookie sheet, toast both sides, the cut side up. I set the oven to broil and toast for just 2-3 minutes. Watch them so they do not burn, just a nice toast.
CHANGE OVEN SETTING TO 350 DEGREES
- Spread a layer of Mozzarella Cheese on the toasted side of the bottoms
- Add equal number of Pepperoni Slices on each cheese lined bun bottom
- Add a Dollop (1/2 TBS) of Pizza Sauce to the top of the pepperoni
- Add about half the amount of mozzarella cheese to the top of the sauce. thsi helps "glue" everything together
- Add the tops. Brush with melted butter and generously sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese and Garlic mix.
- Cover the cookie sheets loosely with foil and bake for 10 minutes until the cheese has melted. Arrange in a casserole dish
- Serve Warm and ENJOY!