But not just any decadent chocolate Pie, this is actually 2 pies, served up in a more practical way for a crowd.
Look, I am all for the glamour and Oohs and Aahs that come with a beautiful pie presentation. Take a look at the photo to the left. That's what I served for Christmas this year and it was indeed wildly popular (several comments about the vest pie they ever has). I even did a post recently with that single pie recipe (Click HERE).
But sometimes you are more needing a delicious dessert, but more convenient to make. This is a bit of a complicated pie, with a cookie crust, a fresh made scratch caramel center and that decadent dark chocolate silky filling. Making this double pie n a casserole dish gets you a BIG dessert without the need for making 2 pies.
It;s just easier.
But just as good.
I served this up at my church for an after services treat on New Year's day. Provided a bowl of whipped cream and it was of course gobbled up.
Keep scrolling down for this easy to follow recipe...
But don't you love the colored casserole dish? I splurged recently and bought a couple of "presentation" dishess. Something with a little rustic style that helps make my desserts shine. These are heavy stoneware, perfect for getting an even bake for your fruit pies but make your cold pies glow as well...
But I digress... keep scrolling down for this wildly popular and decadent dessert...
Double Most Decadent Chocolate Caramel Pie EVER!!!
- 1 package (about 3) Oreos, Crushed to dust
- 1/2 Cup (1 Stick) Butter for the Crust
- An additional 1 Cup (2 Stick) Butter for the Caramel
- 1-1/3 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream to mix with the sugar and butter for the Caramel
- An additional 2 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream for the Chocolate filling
- 2 (12 Ounce) bag Dark Chocolate Chips
- Optional, additional Whipped cream for garnish
- In the bowl of a food processor, finely crush the Oreo cookies with a food processor or blender. Stir crumbs together with i stick of melted butter until well combined.
- Press into the bottom and sides of a 9X13 Casserole Dish. Freeze crust for 10 minutes, until set.
- While the crust is chilling, combine remaíníng stick butter and brown sugar ín a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, whískíng constantly, until mixture begins to bubble. Continue cooking, whískíng constantly, for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Slowly whisk in 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream until smooth. Cool caramel about 15 minutes. Pour the caramel over the Oreo crust, then return to freezer for about 30-45 minutes until just chilled and set. (You don’t want the caramel to fully freeze.)
- Place chocolate chips in a glass bowl. in a saucepan, bring 1 cup heavy whipping cream to a simmer over medium-high heat. Pour the cream over the chocolate chips and let sit for 5 minutes, then whisk until completely smooth. Pour the chocolate over the caramel and freeze for a final 30 minutes, until just chilled and set. OR refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve.
- Before serving, garnish with a bit of Whipped Cream, or provide a bowl of whipped cream on the side.
- Serve Chilled and ENJOY!