BUT by no means is this an ordinary Chocolate Pie. No, No, this is about the most decadent Chocolate pie you could imagine. Loaded wit deep rich dark chocolate, beautiful dark color with a layer of fresh made soft caramel between a crumble cookie crust and that Sweet Creamy Chocolate decadence!
Oh My Indeed, Oh Boy indeed!
This is a bit of a complicated seeming recipe. You will make your own scrstch caramel from brown sugar, butter and a bit of heavy cream (remember, decadent). You will make the thick "pudding" from scratch. and you will make that crumble fudgy cookie crust. Seemingly complicated, but honestly, very easy when you separate each step.
Any novice cook can make this and just wait until you get the Oohs and Aahs from your guests. This is a company "dressed to impress" dessert. Do not try to eat this alone.
Celebrate and enjoy!
Keep scrolling down for this easy to follow recipe...
But don't you love the pie plate? I splurged recently and bought a couple of "presentation" pie plates. Something with a little rustic style that helps make my desserts shine. These are heavy stoneware, perfect for getting an even bake for your fruit pies but make your cold pies glow as well...
Worth ever cent... here's the recipe...
Most Decadent Chocolate Caramel Pie EVER!!!
- 1 package (about 3) Oreos, Crushed to dust
- 1/2 Cup (1 Stick) Butter for the Crust
- An additional 1/2 Cup (1 Stick) Butter for the Filling
- 2/3 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream to mix with the sugar and butter for the Caramel
- An additional 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream for the Chocolate filling
- 1 12 Ounce bag Dark Chocolate Chips
- Optional, additional Whipped cream for garnish
- In the bowl of a food processor, finely crush the Oreo cookies with a food processor or blender. Stir crumbs together with i stick of melted butter until well combined.
- Press into the bottom and sides of a pie pan. Freeze crust for 10 minutes, until set.
- While the crust is chilling, combine remaíníng stick butter and brown sugar ín a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, whískíng constantly, until mixture begins to bubble. Continue cooking, whískíng constantly, for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Slowly whisk in 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream until smooth. Cool caramel about 15 minutes. Pour the caramel over the Oreo crust, then return to freezer for about 30-45 minutes until just chilled and set. (You don’t want the caramel to fully freeze.)
- Place chocolate chips in a glass bowl. in a saucepan, bring 1 cup heavy whipping cream to a simmer over medium-high heat. Pour the cream over the chocolate chips and let sit for 5 minutes, then whisk until completely smooth. Pour the chocolate over the caramel and freeze for a final 30 minutes, until just chilled and set. OR refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve.
- Before serving, garnish with a bit of Whipped Cream, or provide a bowl of whipped cream on the side.
- Serve Chilled and ENJOY!