But not just any breakfast casserole, this is BY FAR, the absolute best casserole I have ever had.
- The recipe is for TWO Casseroles... Serve one, freeze one for a convenient breakfast in a few weeks.
- LOADED with plenty of Bacon!
- A cheap "Tube of Sausage" upgrade. Look for sales and stock up on these handy frozen wonders.
- Topped with crispy crunchy layer of Tater Tots (Kids LOVE this recipe)
- A layer of Gooey Cheesy goodness in the center
- You can make this the night before, for an easy "pop in the oven" breakfast.
Easy to follow recipe below, keep scrolling down.
But I wanted to share a fantastic gift I received... A programmable Casserole Slow Cooker... 9X13 in size, so any normal casserole will fit, like this one! I love this, can use as a warming tray, goes from oven to the warmer unit if you prefer to cook fast but then want to keep warm. Is beautiful, will look great on any table and the locking lid makes this extra convenient for travel of you do a lot of Church Socials or big family get togethers... Love this!
Keep scrolling down for this easy to follow recipe...
Best Damn Cheesy Tater Tot Bacon Breakfast Casserole EVER!!!
(Makes TWO 9X13 Casseroles, one for eating, one for Freezing for later)
- 1 package (12 Ounces) Thick sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 (12 ounce) "Tubes of Sausage"
- 3 Cups Cheddar Cheese plus an additional 1 Cup for topping
- 4 Cups Whole Milk
- 4 Green Onions, green and white parts chopped, Plus an additional 2 Green Onions sliced saved for garnish
- 1 TBS Salt
- 2 TBS Pepper
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 4 Pounds Frozen tater Tots
- In a very large skillet, cook sausage on medium high heat, breaking up the meat and browning it. Once cooked through, drain and layer onto the bottom of 2 9x13 inch lasagna size pans.
- In each Pan, Evenly sprinkle 1-1/2 cups of the cheese over cooked sausage.
- In a large bowl, hand-whisk together the milk, eggs, Green Onions, pepper, onion powder, Garlic Powder and salt. Once mixed, pour evenly over the cheese and sausage in baking dish.
- Layer top with frozen tater tots. If not baking right away, cover tightly with foil and chill in fridge until the next morning.
- When ready to bake, set oven to 350F with rack on middle position. Once oven reaches 350F, place casserole in oven for about 35 minutes.
Top with additional ½ cup cheese, cooked/crumbled bacon and green onions.
Bake another 5-10 minutes or until sides are bubbling and top is golden brown. Let rest at room temp 10 minutes, and serve.
- If you are freezing one, cover casserole tightly with plastic wrap, touching the top of the actual casserole, then cover with aluminum foil. To re-heat, thaw to room temperature overnight. The reheat at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. BE SURE TO REMOVE THE PLASTIC WRAP.
- Always use frozen casseroles wthin 30 days of original prep day.
- Serve warm and ENJOY!