But not just any fruit tray. This one is (for the price) just about as good as it gets. Love the dramatic presentation. But also LOVE LOVE LOVE the cost. This tray comes in at about $12 for the tray. Which, sadly, is a good price considering you are using 6 different types of fruit.
Fruit ain't cheap.
I have done lots of fruit trays. Some I have spent as much as $50 for (Nuts, dipped chocolate fruit, wider variety... You get the idea).
But, pound for pound, here's my favorite, Not only for the variety, the colorful presentation, the ease of making this up... But of course for the price.
We are all on some type of budget.
Keep scrolling down for an ingredient list and easy HOW TO instructions.
World's BEST Easiest (Inexpensive) Fruit Tray
- 2 Large seedless Oranges, sliced thin
- 1 Pound Seedless Red Grapes
- 1 Pound Strawberries, slices
- 1 Fresh Pineapple, cored, peeles and cut into chunks
- 2 Kiwi Fruits, peeled and cut into slices
- 1 Musk Melon, peeled, seeds removed and cut into chunks
- LARGE Serving Platter
- Precut all the fruit.
- First, arrange the orange slices around the two sides of a large platter.
- Arrange the Grapes on the top and bottom
- Starting from the bottom, add the Melon. there will be lots of melon, arrange this on half of the remaining empty space on the platter.
- Add the Kiwi on top of half of the melon (there is less kiwi than melon. This way the kiwi sticks out above the melon.
- Add the Pineapple on half of the remaining empty space.
- Add the Strawberries to the remaining empty space.
- Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve chilled and ENJOY!