But not just any fresh made bread, this has such an incredible presentation. Beautiful stunning presentation with the swirled braided look on top. But the star of the show is the swirl center with ribbons of cheese throughout.
Such a a winner.
I like to use a wheat dough recipe (with honey) for this recipe. Adds a little extra strength to the dough to hold up to all the extra moisture added with the cheese and mustard.
This is very easy to do. Just takes a little know how. So, here's a photo essay to give you that know how...
First, run the bread machine (keep scrolling down for the easy to follow recipe).
On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to a large rectangle...
Next, slather the Mustard evenly on top of the rectangle of dough.
And then roll the dough up tight to form a long tube.
Start your braid look. Put half the tube on top of the center of the other half (Open part on top of each half).
And that's it... easy peasy, spectacular, fun presentation and DELICIOUS!
Keep scrolling down for the easy to follow recipe.
Cheddar Cheese Swirl
Honey Wheat Bread
Honey Wheat Bread
BREAD MACHINE EASY
- 1 Cup plus 2 TBS Warm (100 degrees) 2% Milk
- 2-1/2 Cups White Bread Flour
- 1/2 Cup Wheat FLour
- 1-1/2 TBS Powdered Milk
- 2 TBS Honey
- Large pinch Salt
- 2 TBS Butter
- 1 package (2-1/4 Oz) Bread Machine Fast Acting Yeast
- FOR THE CHEDDAR MUSTARD SWIRL
1/4 Cup Plus an additional 1/4 Cup Whole Grain Mustard
- 1 Cup Plus an additional 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese
- Set your bread machine to the "Dough" setting. This recipe makes 2 swirled loaves.
- Put all of the ingredients in the machine in the order listed. NOTE: be sure to warm the milk slightly to about 100 degrees but NO HOTTER than 120. I microwave mine for 30 seconds.
- Run the machine according to manufacturer's instructions. Meanwhile prepare the loaf pan(s) with nonstick spray.
- When the machine has run it's course, the dough should be rising, double in size. Remove from the machine box and knead for just a minute. You may need to add a sprinkle of flour if the dough is too sticky. Prepare 2 standard size loaf pans with non-stick spray
- Divide dough into 2 equal pieces. On a floured surface, roll the first dough ball into a flat rectangle, about 12X24 inches.
- Spread the first 1/4 Cup Mustard evenly over the flat bread dough. Then sprinkle the first 1 cup cheese just as evenly over the mustard.
- Roll the dough into a log starting with the short end – picture rolling a jelly roll. Pinch the seam.
- Slice the roll in half the entire length of the roll and face the cut sides up as best you can. Cheese will spill out – just tuck it back into place.
- Pinch the farthest end from you. Carefully bring the piece on the left side over the piece on the right side. Repeat, completing the twist. Pinch the end closest to you.
- Carefully transfer the twist into your prepared loaf pan.
- Repeat with second dough ball.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Transfer the loaf pan(s) to the top of the oven, cover with a towel and allow the bread to rise a second time for 1 hour.
- Move to the oven and bake for about 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the pans for 30 minutes before removing and slicing.
- Serve Warm and ENJOY!