But not just any Chicken Soup, This really and truly is THE BEST DAMN CHICKEN SOUP EVER!!! (Well, in my humble opinion).
This soup is brothy, with plenty of chicken stock to help ease the fall/winter aches and pains of daily life. Just inhaling the aroma as this cooks is a joy.
There is plenty of chili beans added for flavor and a little extra protein.
Plenty of corn... bell peppers, onions (vegetables) for health, presentation colors, flavor and deliciousness!
And PLENTY of flavor. I use a can of Ro-Tel Tomatoes. the original version, made with green chilies and loaded with Tex-Mex spiced flavor. I also added a bit of Cumin. Cumin is a magical spice I add to almost anything that has cooked tomatoes. Really brings out that Earthy savory tomato flavor. Kick in standard Salt and Pepper and you truly do have THE BEST DAMN CHICKEN SOUP... EVER!
I had just a touch of an early Fall cold. So I made this soup extra brothy to treat my throat. I added a single can of tomato paste (even more tomato flavoring). If I were making this just for a nice warm up meal I would have added a second can for extra thick gravy.
After one bowl, my throat was better, fever broke and birds were singing out my window...
BEST Soup EVER!
Chicken Soup EVER!!!
Chicken Soup EVER!!!
- 4 Cups Chicken Stock
- Meat from a precooked, pre-seasoned Rotisserie Chicken Diced (or 4 Chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 1 Large can (28 Ounces) Bush's Chili Beans in Chili Sauce, drained and rinsed
- 1 Can (10 ounces) Ro-Tel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilis
- 1 Can (15 OZ) Whole Sweet Corn (can use 2 Cups Frozen Corn)
- 1 Whole Sweet Onion, Diced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, cored, seeded, white membrane removed and diced
- 1 TBS Cumin
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Small Can (6 OZ) Tomato Paste (OPTIONAL: one additional can if you want a thicker gravy)
- Optional, add a dollop of Sour Cream as garnish, flavor and to cool the spices
- This is a crock pot easy dump recipe. Dump all the ingredients into a crock pot. Set the machine on low for soup ready when you get home from work (8-10 hours) or high for a faster cook time, (4 Hours)
- Serve Hot with a sandwich or tortilla chips and ENJOY!