Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Pre-Leftover Chicken Chili Fluffy Omelette

Pin It Now!

Today is going to be one of those days...

Which usually means I turn to an old friend, "'cause if it ain't ready by 6 AM, we ain't going to eat tonight".

So, come back tomorrow and I will share a terrific Crock Pot Red Chicken Chili Recipe (and I do mean terrific)!  But today i want to share an epiphany... PRE- LeftOvers.  Much like Newton and the apple, pre-leftovers have existed about as long as gravity.  I just never thought to use them before.


I was slicing and dicing and seasoning and just generally prepping my dinner tonight (indeed, at 6 AM).  I started all this prepping without first having a little breakfast, so I was hungry as I diced and stirred.  I had planned a simple scrambled egg and maybe popping a chicken leg from my beloved Rotisserie chicken of the day; when I got hit on the head with an apple (chicken thigh).

And the rest is the stuff of legends.  In my prep pot, I had already started to saute an...
Onion... Celery... Carrots... a Poblano Chili and some minced garlic
I had added a can of diced Ro'tel brand tomatoes and chilis
I had spiced this with Cumin (always Cumin... shh, it's a secret ingredient), Chili Powder and Salt and Pepper (to taste).

These ingredients were simmering in the water from the canned chili/tomatoes when I started cutting up my chicken.

I had that leg in my hand (truth to tell, I always eat the wings... Yum).  I was just getting set to gnaw down when I remembered my egg!

I looked at the pot of simmering vegetables and spices...

I looked at my egg...

I looked back  (OK, you get the idea)...

Fluffy Omelettes are easy...


2 TBS Butter melted in a non-stick pan over medium high heat
Three Eggs, beaten into submission
1 TBS Heavy Cream whisked into the eggs

Add the eggs into the saute pan... allow the eggs to cook (I usually cover the pan with a thick three egg omelette) for 2 minutes.
When the egg has just set (do not over cook), on half, add a generous 1/4 cup of the sauteed PRE-leftovers.
Add the meat from a chicken thigh (I confess, I did eat the chicken leg)
Fold the "clean" half over the "gooped" half.
Garnish with another couple of spoonfuls of the sauted PRE-leftovers.
Garnish with some grated Parmesan Cheese
Cut in half and serve your hard working wife breakfast in bed before she has to run off to her inconvenient day job.


******************************************************

This simple recipe has been added to my growing list of "52 Breakfast Ideas!"

It's the most important meal of the day.  From fancy to simple, there are always ways to dress up a breakfast dish.  These are the meals that make Bed and Breakfast Inns legendary (and usually easier than you think).

Here's your chance to make your guests Ooh and Aah!
******************************************************

This recipe has also been added to my growing list of "52 Uses For a Rotisserie Chicken"  (Now close to 100!)...I am so confused... $5.49 for a fully cooked, fully seasoned Oven Roasted, Rotisserie Chicken. Yet shop in the raw meat department and most raw chickens are at best $8 each and usually far closer to $10. Anyone have an answer??? Me either. So, I can either rail against the machine, or learn to embrace the beauty that is the $5 chicken! In this pin are recipes I have made, and recommend. MORE than 52 (I just can't stop)..
You get the idea.  From Scratch Pizza to Chinese Take Out recipes, Lots of Soups and Chili... Appetizers to Main Courses (Still can't find a dessert, but I am looking).  More than enough ideas for that store nought bird to shine with just a little extra work

***********************PINTEREST*********************

Come and find me on Pinterest... Any of my "52 Ways to cook" Boards are worth following.  If you like this post, please take a second and "Pin" this to your own boards... Better yet, if you are part of a foodie group board please take a second and add this post to your group pins... best way to show your Love!

And BTW, if you are not yet part of a group board, drop me an email at Contact@eRecipeCards.com and request to be added to my group board... FAVORITE FOOD BLOGGERS! (be sure to include your pinterest ID when you write)  Once you are added, any pins you add will be seen by 10s of THOUSANDS of followers of the board (and growing daily).

Rules, only 2... 
  1. In order to join you need to start following the group board as well as at least one of my boards.
  2. And you must ONLY pin original sources, posts from food related bloggers only.  If you are a blogger, this is a great way to have thousands of potential readers see your work,  If you are a fan of bloggers, a great way to share your favorites...
    Come and be a part of ... FAVORITE FOOD BLOGGERS! on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

FMP