52 Uses for a Rotisserie Chicken"!
Lots of layers of flavors in this one...
I use my tropical Pineapple Poca de Gallo recipe, with sweet pineapple...
I use a Spanish Rice recipe, with peppers and onions and Cajun spices added to the rice.
And of course, an easy fast already seasoned and cooked, meat from a Rotisserie Chicken!
All topped off with a creamy cheese sauce.
Oh My indeed!
This is one of those... If you can make dish A and dish B, you can also make dish C. I hope you have been reading along for the last two days as I have already posted recipes for the Pico, the Rice and the cheese sauce (just double click the blue letters).
So, to get to dish C (the Enchilada), we have to make the Pico de Gallo and Spanish rice first. Better get started...
To make the enchilada, set up an assembly station...
line up the pulled Chicken, Pico de Gallo, Spanish rice and the cheese sauce next to flour tortillas, next to a large baking dish...
- Lay out a tortilla, add 1/2 cup of the Chicken, 1/4 cup each of the rice and pico.
- Roll up the tortilla and place in the pan
- Repeat and make 8 tortillas, stuffed into the pan side to side (I used 2 smaller pans, one held 5, one held 3.)
- Pour all of the sauce over the tortillas... it will sink into the bottom of the pan, coating as it sinks.
- Top the enchiladas with a cup of grated Cheddar Cheese and 1/4 cup of the Caribbean Pineapple Pico de Gallo.
- Garnish with a pineapple ring if you like.
- Bake in pre-heated oven, 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Serve with a side of the rice and a side of the Pico de Gallo...
The secret is indeed in the rich wonderful spiced cheese sauce and the sweet delicious Pico de Gallo! What a full meal treat!
And once again, one of the INSANELY GOOD "52 Uses For a Rotisserie Chicken"!!!
As always, if this is a dish you think you might want to make yourself, please take a second and "pin" this to your Pinterest boards. And if you love the idea of cooking with a store bought, fully cooked, fully seasoned Rotisserie Chicken, Follow my "52 Uses For a Rotisserie Chicken" to see what I post next!