Just enough to keep me busy and to pay for my personal food bill.
This is indeed my million dollar platter. It has a wonderful presentation, a delicious flavor and features something for everyone.
The Chicken salad is served in a low carb wrap. Seems someone is always wanting to avoid bread these days. It also features lots of fruit and vegetables... Grapes and Apples as well as Celery and onions with pickles to add zing.
Keep scrolling down to take a look at the recipe for the chicken salad. By far my most requested sandwich.
The Caprese on a stick is so easy, I think you can see the recipe in the photos...
1 basil leaf
1 Cherry tomato
1 Mozzarella "Pearl" ball
1 Fancy toothpick.
About the only difficult thing is to cut an X into the top of the cherry tomato, then stuff the mozzarella ball into the X and skewer with the fancy toothpick.
This is just a handy little idea if you are ever asked to provide a simple lunch for 20-40 people. The platter will come back empty and your friends/clients will be thrilled!
A Million Dollar Idea indeed!
Chicken Salad Wraps -
Chicken Salad Wraps -
- FOR THE BRINE -
6 Large Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Gallon Water
- 1 Cup Salt
- 2/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Cracked Pepper Corns
- FOR THE CHICKEN SALAD -
1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 Cup Ranch Salad Dressing
- 1 Cup Seedless Grapes, Washed, Sliced in half (or even quarters if the grapes are large)
- 1 Cup Apples, Core removed, Diced Medium Size
- 1 Cup Celery, Diced same size as Apples
- 1 Cup Sweet Onion, Diced same size as Apples
- 1 Cup Pickles (I like Dill, but can use Sweet Gherkins), Diced same size as Apples
- 2 TBS Herbes de Provence Spice mix (Can use whatever dry spices you have in the house... Dill is very good)
- 1 TBS Cajun Spice Mix (Optional but adds a lot of flavor to your salad)
- First, BRINE YOUR CHICKEN BREASTS... In a large Heavy Bottomed Stew Pot, heat water to simmer. Add the Salt, Sugar, Soy Sauce and Cracked Pepper Corns. Stir to dissolve and allow to simmer for 2 minutes, stir again.
- Remove pot from stove and allow to cool to room temperature. Add Additional ice cubes to cool the water more.
- Add the Chicken breasts, cover the pot and refrigerate for 4 hours, no longer than 8.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees... When ready to cook, drain the water and rinse the chicken breasts. Pat dry with a paper towel. Rub each chicken breast with a bit of Olive Oil.
- Place in a Glass Casserole dish, bake for 35-40 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees (NO MORE, but be sure to check each breast). Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- While the Chicken is baking, prepare all of your vegetables, slice and dice. In a LARGE BOWL, add everything together and stir to mix.
- Once Chicken has cooled, dice the meat to 1/2 inch cubes. Add this to the bowl and stir to mix. Add additional Mayonnaise as needed.
- Serve wrapped in Tortillas or on sandwich (Or just use as a dip with a Ritz Cracker). Refrigerate until ready to eat and ENJOY!
Post a Comment