Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Baptized Chicken - Alabama White BBQ Sauce

Pin It Now!

 The secret's in the sauce...

The sauce is Mayonnaise based.  Think of an Aioli and you will be close.  It has been made famous by Chris Lilly owner and celebrity cook of Big Bob Gibson BBQ joint in Alabama.  I did a little research and found several versions of this recipe, actually more than one version credited to Chris himself.  So I took a little of this recipe and a little of that one and came up with a version I liked best.  My main contribution of the legend is the extra Cajun Spices.  Mayo on turkey is just fine for a sandwich.  As a serving sauce, I like the extra kick.

The name, Baptized Chicken, I borrowed from my blogging buddy (Cookbook author, competitive smoker, grill master and all around nice guy), Chris Grove of the Nibble me This Grilling and Smoking specialty blog.  As the name implies, the chicken is dunked into the sauce.  You can go the total immersion route (I use this sauce for chicken wings sometimes; a great total immersion opportunity).

The chicken quarters shown are more sprinkled (liberally).  Pour a little on,. brush around and you have the look and proper amount of spice!  You can certainly make chicken yourself (broil, fry, bake).  Me, I used the leg quarters from a store bought pre-cooked, pre-seasoned Rotisserie Chicken.  Used the breast meat for some chicken salad and served these up for an evening meal.

Unlike most DIY BBQ sauces, this is a make fresh, store in fridge and use up in a week sauce.  SO, once I make a jar, I usually have a serving of wings a few days latter.  I also used some for the corn salsa shown above.  Adds a a nice little zing!  Come back tomorrow for that easy to follow recipe!

But at least on this day, As for me and my house we will serve... Baptized Chicken!


 OK... Here's what I did...


Baptized Chicken 
Alabama White Sauce


Ingredients
  • 2 Cups Mayonnaise
  • 1 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
  • 2 TBS Lemon Juice
  • Several turns of a Pepper Grinder
  • 1 tsp Sea Salt
  • 2 TBS (more or less - To Taste)Cajun SPice Mix
Cooking Directions
  1. Mix all ingredients together.
  2. It is important to taste as you add the Cajun Spice Mix. Add "to taste"
  3. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours before using. Brush lightly over chicken, turkey or pork during the last few minutes of grilling.
  4. Or drizzle over cooked Chicken Parts on a serving platter (Baptized)
  5. OR... This sauce is also great as a dipping sauce so set some aside for a veggie tray.
  6. Serve chilled and ENJOY!!!
And check back tomorrow for the recipe for this wonderful Corn Salsa made with this self same Alabama White!

*************************************************************************

So,  I am pleased to list this as one of my Growing list of  "52 Grilling Time Secret Extras" or "52 Ways to Cook BBQ and Grilling Recipes"!!!

Well over 52 recipes actually as I just can't stop... Over 100 in one grilling season (I love to grill!). But not just leat... Drinks, Condiments (LOTS of different BBQ sauces), Drinks, Desserts... even specialty items like GRILLED Pizza, and fun shaped Watermelons.  Easy and these ideas will make you the MASTER of your Backyard Domain!

****************************PINTEREST**************************

Come and find me on Pinterest... Any of my "52 Ways to cook" Boards are worth following.  If you like this post, please take a second and "Pin" this to your own boards... Better yet, if you are part of a foodie group board please take a second and add this post to your group pins... best way to show your Love!

And BTW, if you are not yet part of a group board, drop me an email at Contact@eRecipeCards.com and request to be added to my group board... FAVORITE FOOD BLOGGERS! (be sure to include your pinterest ID when you write)  Once you are added, any pins you add will be seen by 10s of THOUSANDS of followers of the board (and growing daily).

Rules, only 2... 
  1. In order to join you need to start following the group board as well as at least one of my boards.
  2. And you must ONLY pin original sources, posts from food related bloggers only.  If you are a blogger, this is a great way to have thousands of potential readers see your work,  If you are a fan of bloggers, a great way to share your favorites...
    Come and be a part of ... FAVORITE FOOD BLOGGERS! on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

FMP