And EASY! only 3 ingredients (plus the tortillas).
Picante is an Hispanic word meaning spicy. Just a bit deceiving and you control the amount of spice and heat in the wheel. The "Secret" Ingredient in the wheels is a cup of Salsa. If you reach for the mild Salsa, make these mild. If you crave the extra heat of a Hot Salsa... go for it!
Sweet creamy mayonnaise adds a cooling touch. Perfectly blending of heat and cooling sweet. The cheddar adds the Earthy touch rounding out the wheels of flavor.
Simple ingredients (most are in your pantry right now), complex mix of flavors and most of all, memorably tatsty
Like I said, a fantastic little summer appetizer!
Keep scrolling down for this easy to follow recipe...
Picante Pinwheel Appetizers
- 5 Tortilla (Soft, Flour)
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Cup your favorite Salsa
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, Add the Mayo, Shredded Cheddar Cheese and the Salsa. Using the paddle attachment, mix until even, creamy and spreadable.
- Lay out the soft flour Tortillas. Spread 1/5th of the Cheese mix on each tortilla. Spread to evenly coat each tortilla (except for the top 1/2 inch (the Cheese mix will help Seal the pinwheels)/
- Lightly roll up the Tortillas. Not too tightly, do not roll up so tight that the filling pushes forward. Once you reach the top, press to seal the top edges, forming a log. Repeat with remaining Tortillas
- Refrigerate the "Logs" for 1 hour.
- Slice each log into 1/2 inch Pinwheel Sandwiches, discard (or cooks delight, eat) the end pieces that do not sit flat. Repeat with remaining logs.
- Plate, cover with plastic wrap, keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Serve chilled and ENJOY!
A win win win!
One of my "52 Appetizer Recipes" Collection (Plenty more than 52 actually, A great place to find ideas!
One of my "52 Church Potluck Dishes" Collection (Plenty more than 52 actually. A great place to find ideas!
Post a Comment