OH Boy do I love these... Possibly the best thing I have ever made!
And of course everything is better with BACON!
The chicken is an adaptation of a very simply recipe... Coat each piece of chicken with a mix of mayonnaise and Parmesan cheese. Wrap with bacon, Grill (or Bake, cooks equally well in an oven), add the pineapple and done!
I do make these on my grill quite often.
They are wonderful appetizers for a party. Set your grill up as shown in the photo, all the coals set to one side, but the chicken bites on the opposite side. This way the drippings will not fall into the hot coal causing flair ups. This set up turns your grill into an oven. All of the vents open full and the temps will reach 400 degrees plus. Perfect for cooking bacon.
An efficient use of coals, efficient use of your time and a great way to keep the party going.
Keep scrolling down for this easy to follow recipe along with additional hints and tips for success!
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Mini Kabobs Appetizers
- 12 Slices Thick Cut Bacon, each slice cut in half
- 2 Large or 3-4 small Chicken Breast, Boneless Skinless, cut into 1 or 2 bite size pieces
- 1/2 Cup Mayonaisse
- 1/4 CupFresh grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Several turns of a pepper grinder equal to the amount of salt
- 24 Pineapple Chunks About equal sixe to the cut Chicken pieces
- To Grill...
Set up your grill for indirect grilling, high heat. That is, coals lumped together together on 1/3 of the grill, with none on the remaining side.
This turns your grill into an oven when the lid is closed with hot air circulating around the Chicken and Bason pieces. This way the bacon drippings do not drip onto the coals, preventing flair ups and burnt bacon.
- To bake in an oven...
Set oven temperature to 375 degrees. Prepare a rimmed baking sheet with a baking screen so that the pineapple spears sit above the bottom of the pan. This keeps the chicken from sitting in the rendered bacon drippings as they cook
- Prepare the Chicken pieces. In a mixing bowl, combine the Mayo and the Parmesan with the salt and pepper. Stir to evenly mix. Add the Chicken pieces and fold to evenly coat each piece.
- Wrap the bacon slices around the Chicken. Overlap slightly on the bottom and secure the top with a toothpick.
- Arrange on the grill or on the baking sheet. If grilling, be careful to not have any directly over the coals. Remember, indirect heating only. Open all vents fully for high heat, close the lid.
- Bake or grill for 20 minutes. Check desired doneness of the bacon (crispy but not over cooked). The spears are cooked through when the bacon is fully cooked.
- Remove from grill (or oven). Remove toothpick, set a piece of pineapple and spear both with a new toothpick (Get pretty presentation toothpicks for a fancy party or catering gig).
- Serve warm or room temperature and .... ENJOY!
A win win win!
One of my "52 Appetizer Recipes" Collection (Plenty more than 52 actually, A great place to find ideas!
One of my "52 Church Potluck Dishes" Collection (Plenty more than 52 actually. A great place to find ideas!
Post a Comment