Would that it were not true, but it is... This may be the ugliest pile of food you have seen on the internet today.
But what it lacks in looks, it MORE than makes up for in taste. Taco seasonings, chunky Salsa, TWO types of melty gooey cheeses, three beans, sweet corn, sour cream to cool the taste and enough hamburger to satisfy any meat lover.
The dish will freeze well.
And it is a snap to make. Only real cooking is to brown hamburger. After that it is simply a series of cans and jars to open and mix...
Easy Peasy and DELICIOUS... but ugly (but mostly let's just think of how delicious!
Keep scrolling down for this easy to follow recipe...
Tex-Mex Enchilada Lasagna
- 2 Pounds Ground Beef
- 2 Medium Onions, medium diced
- 2 Jars (15 Ounces each) Taco Bell brand Thick 'n Chunky MediumSalsa
- 1 Can (15 Ounces) Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Can (15 Ounces) Red Kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Can (15 Ounces) Chili Seasoned Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 Cup Italian Salad Dressing
- 2 Packages Taco Seasoning mix
- 1 dozen Flour Tortillas
- 2 cans Sweet Corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 2 Cups grated Fontina Cheese
- 1 Jar (15 Ounces), divided Taco Bell brand Salsa Con Queso Cheese Dip, Medium
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a LARGE Heavy bottomed skillet, brown the hamburger until meat is just cooked through. Do not over cook.
- Drain all but 2 TBS of the fat. Add the Onions and saute for about 5 minutes until onions are soft and just turn translucent.
- Stir in the Salsa, all the Beans, the Sour Cream, Sweet Corn, Taco Seasonings, Italian Dressing, the Fontina Cheese and 1/2 of the jar of Queso Cheese. Mix until well combined.
- Spoon 1/6th of the mix onto the bottom of a LARGE Casserole Dish. Lay a layer of flour tortillas on top of the mix. Repeat 5 more times, leaving the last layer without the tortilla top.
- Spoon the remaining 1/2 of the Queso Cheese over the top of the mix.
- Cover with foil, bake for 45 minutes. remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes until the cheese on top has just started to crisp around edges and the center is hot and bubbly.
- Allow to cool for 5 to 10 minutes, serve HOT and ENJOY!
A list of something NEW worthy of being shown off at a neighborhood BYODish (Bring Your Own Dish) Party, a Family special occasion dinner, Any Big Holiday Gathering or of course that glorious day when you bring a dish to share with your Church family...
Ages ago, literally almost a half century ago I was listening to our pastor talking about a PotLuck Dinner. It happened to be scheduled around a church work day when we were expected to weed, polish and do general cleaning and maintenance around the church (you know, back in the day when there were no no-wax floors and church pews smelled of Old English furniture polish). I am of course paraphrasing, but as I recall the pastor said,
"A potluck, like a church requires work. At a potluck everyone is expected to contribute.. At a church no one should come empty handed and no one should leave unfed".I will confess that in my youth I brought more store bought plastic spoons and forks than I ever brought covered dishes and crock pots of fresh made love and caring delights. But now that I have become a hobbyist cook, I occasionally am reminded of those days and people from my youth. I reminded and I do wish that I could drop a dish of some new creation on those old tables at my fondly remembered Liberty Baptist Church. Tables covered with newspapers and loaded with God's bounty prepared with love and caring... Enjoy
Come and find me on Pinterest... Any of my "52 Ways to cook" Boards are worth following. If you like this post, please take a second and "Pin" this to your own boards... Better yet, if you are part of a foodie group board please take a second and add this post to your group pins... best way to show your Love!
And BTW, if you are not yet part of a group board, drop me an email at Contact@eRecipeCards.com and request to be added to my group board... FAVORITE FOOD BLOGGERS! (be sure to include your pinterest ID when you write) Once you are added, any pins you add will be seen by 10s of THOUSANDS of followers of the board (and growing daily).
Rules, only 2...
- In order to join you need to start following the group board as well as at least one of my boards.
- And you must ONLY pin original sources, posts from food related bloggers only. If you are a blogger, this is a great way to have thousands of potential readers see your work, If you are a fan of bloggers, a great way to share your favorites...
Come and be a part of ... FAVORITE FOOD BLOGGERS! on Pinteres