But not just any cheese balls, these are a wonderful twist on the classic cheese ball. Everyone loves food on a stick.
The cheese is a smidgen upscale, goat cheese and figs and all. But the idea works fine for about any cheese ball you have ever imagined,
Just a base of cream cheese, add another type of cheese (Say a Taco Blend), Some type of filling (say minced bacon and Lettuce), add a Coating (like nuts here, or for the above idea, plop the Taco blended bacon and lettuce cheese ball on top of a half cherry tomato. Insert stick and Viola...
Bacon Lettuce and Tomato mini cheese balls (You can even come up with a clever way to work a Pretzel Bun into the title since there is a pretzel in the appetizer.
This is a wonderful little idea for a party or when you are asked to bring a plate of Appetizers.
After all, everyone LOVES food on a stick!
Fig and Goat Cheese
Mini Cheese Balls
Mini Cheese Balls
- 1 (8 Oz) Brick Cream Cheese, Thawed to room temperature
- 4 OZ Creamy Goat Cheese, Thawed to room temperature
- 1 TBS Mayonnaise
- 1/2 Cup Figs, chopped small then minced
- 24 Pretzel Sticks (I like to use the thicker "Dipping Sticks" Style but the skinny ones work fine
- 2 Cups Crushed Pecans
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the cream cheese and goat cheese. Using the whisk attachment, whisk the cheese until fluffy. This will take about 5 minutes. You will need to scrape the sides of the bowl down frequently and tap the sides of the inside of the bowl with the whisk attachment to free up clogged chunks.
- You may need to add additional creaminess to the cheeses to get a creamy fluffy texture. I add a bit of Mayonnaise.
- Add the figs and fold by hand to mix.
- Divide into 24 equal size pieces, roll them into balls.
- Insert a Pretzel stick
- Roll the sides and bottoms in the crushed pecans
- Arrange on a serving platter and transfer to the fridge to chill for at least 3 hours
- Serve Chilled and ENJOY!