Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Rotisserie Chicken and Waffles Recipe for 2 People

Pin It Now!


Quick and easy...

From one of my beloved rotisserie chickens I pulled off a thigh and removed the bone and cartilage.

Diced it all up about the size of a dime.

Dug out a Green onion... same slice and add

Mixed in with 1 cups of Krusty's brand pancake mix (I was dressing up a very lazy breakfast)... Whole thing took about 10 minutes).


Fast Food and fits into a dollar menu...

I love the idea of taking something small like a single chicken thigh and making a delicious wonderful meal/

No recipe for this one.

It is just so easy.

And a wonderful way to stretch the budget.  After all, a BIG bag of Krusty's from Sam's Club is about $8... a cup is maybe a nickel.
Green onion... maybe a dime
Chicken of course is a dollar and incredibly enough...

Add butter and maple syrup and you are still under $1 a serving.  Part of my own fast food dollar menu!

But I should mention that despite the sound of it, sweet waffles and maple syrup pair wonderfully with the salty savory pre-cooked, pre-seasoned Rotisserie Chicken meat.  Kind of that salty sweet thing.

And Chicken and waffles have been a main stay of Southern diner food for decades.

You WILL LOVE THIS!!!

Yes indeed, one of my favorite "52 Uses for a Rotisserie Chicken" (now over 70!!!).

I am trying something a bit new this round of recipes... My own little culinary challenge of seeing just what I can do with a single rotisserie bird. So far, I used a single chicken breast to make a delicious...
Garlic Garlic Chicken and Dumplings (Red Lobster Copy Cat recipe for Garlic Cheese biscuits used as the dumplings). This recipe only uses a single Chicken Breast as the chicken ingredient, leaving plenty of the "bird" to continue the challenge.

I also made a Quick Cheesy, Sweet Corn Chicken Muffin recipe using one of the Thighs.

Next I made a Rotisserie Chicken Shepard's Pie recipe with a second Chicken Breast.

Yesterday I posted a Rotisserie Chicken Cordon Bleu Pizza meal using just the meat from the legs.

.. And now a fifth recipe... All from the same bird!

My Goals for the experiment......
  1. Eat Well... Make something that tastes good.
  2. Recipes for 2 people. One of the great things about a rotisserie chicken is the versatility fr a quick meal for small dinners (breakfast and lunch). Save the BIG cooking for another day, let's have something for just my wife and myself (and young couples, empty nest couples and singles)
  3. Versatility... Just how many rotisserie chicken recipes are out there???
  4. Keep Track of the costs... Life on a budget, need I explain more?
  5. Go beyond the basic recipes and add some tips and HOT TO Photos appropriate for less experienced cooks so that indeed...ANYONE CAN COOK THIS!
Total came in at about $2...  Around $1 a serving for a breakfast meal in itself!!!

A Great meal for the costs!
Stay tuned, come on back tomorrow and see what else I make from the single bird!

******************************************************

This simple recipe has been added to my growing list of "52 Breakfast Ideas!"

It's the most important meal of the day.  From fancy to simple, there are always ways to dress up a breakfast dish.  These are the meals that make Bed and Breakfast Inns legendary (and usually easier than you think).

Here's your chance to make your guests Ooh and Aah!
******************************************************

This recipe has also been added to my growing list of "52 Uses For a Rotisserie Chicken"  (Now close to 100!)...I am so confused... $5.49 for a fully cooked, fully seasoned Oven Roasted, Rotisserie Chicken. Yet shop in the raw meat department and most raw chickens are at best $8 each and usually far closer to $10. Anyone have an answer??? Me either. So, I can either rail against the machine, or learn to embrace the beauty that is the $5 chicken! In this pin are recipes I have made, and recommend. MORE than 52 (I just can't stop)..
You get the idea.  From Scratch Pizza to Chinese Take Out recipes, Lots of Soups and Chili... Appetizers to Main Courses (Still can't find a dessert, but I am looking).  More than enough ideas for that store nought bird to shine with just a little extra work

***********************PINTEREST*********************

Come and find me on Pinterest... Any of my "52 Ways to cook" Boards are worth following.  If you like this post, please take a second and "Pin" this to your own boards... Better yet, if you are part of a foodie group board please take a second and add this post to your group pins... best way to show your Love!

And BTW, if you are not yet part of a group board, drop me an email at Contact@eRecipeCards.com and request to be added to my group board... FAVORITE FOOD BLOGGERS! (be sure to include your pinterest ID when you write)  Once you are added, any pins you add will be seen by 10s of THOUSANDS of followers of the board (and growing daily).

Rules, only 2... 
  1. In order to join you need to start following the group board as well as at least one of my boards.
  2. And you must ONLY pin original sources, posts from food related bloggers only.  If you are a blogger, this is a great way to have thousands of potential readers see your work,  If you are a fan of bloggers, a great way to share your favorites...
    Come and be a part of ... FAVORITE FOOD BLOGGERS! on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

FMP