Saturday, April 13, 2013

Rotisserie BUFFALO Chicken Risotto for 2 People

Pin It Now!

I do hope you dropped in for yesterday's post of Springtime Rissoto (or Risotto Primavera as the Italians call it).

Risotto is one of those amazing dishes when done right simply sings.  Hints of nutty cheese from loads of Parmesan, Sweet creaminess from a little wine and the thick broth.  The springtime risotto is flavored with savory fresh vegetables, a simple salt and pepper seasoning and it is a delight.

The vegetarian version is perfect as a side dish or even to serve as a starter.  But it is just a tad... Hmmmm, bland is not the right word, but it certainly is not the most seasoned dish I served.

So it was a natural, next day leftover, combine the sweet, nutty savory risotto with the buffalo seasoning of a now classic Buffalo Chicken Wing and you have a perfect lunch.

Heat and sweet, creamy and that lingering aftertaste of the buffalo chicken.  All made fast and easy with rotisserie chicken and leftovers.  Hearty and filling meal in itself, delicious, easy, fast and nearly free!  A reinvention of leftovers.


OK... Here's what I did...


Rotisserie BUFFALO Chicken Risotto Primavera for 2 People


Ingredients
  • 3 Cups Leftover Risotto Primavera
  • Meat from 1 Rotisserie Chicken Breast, diced into 3/4 inch cubes
  • 1 TBS Butter
  • 1 tsp Tabasco Brand Hot Sauce (to taste, less if you like, more if you dare)if
  • 1 TBS CiderVinegar
Cooking Directions
  1. In a Large saute pan, over medium high heat melt the butter, add the Hot Sauce and vinegar and stir to mix.
  2. Add the Chicken cubes, stir gently for several minutes until the chicken has absorbed all of the liquid.
  3. Add the left over Risotto and continue to stir, mix and warm over medium heat until the entire dish is hot.
  4. Serve HOT and ENJOY
This makes a wonderful lunch.  Far more luxurious than I am used to, yet deliciously spiced for a fan of heat....

On Classy BUFFALO Risotto!

I am showing a few photos to the right, yet this dish is beyond easy. No real need to explain.  The hard part would be making the risotto in teh first place and I have several tips on the original recipe page that guarantees a success.

Just be sure to allow the butter to soak into the rice before adding wine and stock.

And be sure the stock is HOT before adding (one of my few uses for a microwave).

As to making buffalo chicken from rotisserie chicken, just take a look at the photo collage to the right and see how the chicken absorbs the hot sauce/vinegar.

***********

Yes indeed, one of my new favorite "52 Uses for a Rotisserie Chicken" (now over 75!!!).

I am trying something a bit new this round of recipes... My own little culinary challenge of seeing just what I can do with a single rotisserie bird.

This is week Number three, chicken number THREE... and the Second recipe I made from the blessed bird. If you click HERE, you will see my page devoted to my "52 Uses for a Rotisserie Chicken" (now over 75!!!).  Scroll down to the bottom and you will see some of the possibilities of what you can make with a single bird (week one, seven dishes, week 2 a record EIGHT dishes all from the same bird).

I already used a leg quarter to make a Rotisserie Reubon Calzone for 2 People.  I still have more than half the bird for more to come!


My Goals for the experiment......
  1. Eat Well... Make something that tastes good.
  2. Recipes for 2 people. One of the great things about a rotisserie chicken is the versatility fr a quick meal for small dinners (breakfast and lunch). Save the BIG cooking for another day, let's have something for just my wife and myself (and young couples, empty nest couples and singles)
  3. Versatility... Just how many rotisserie chicken recipes are out there???
  4. Keep Track of the costs... Life on a budget, need I explain more?
  5. Go beyond the basic recipes and add some tips and HOT TO Photos appropriate for less experienced cooks so that indeed...ANYONE CAN COOK THIS!
I hope the tips and extra photos helped...

***********

So, as to cost for this dish....

The chicken averages out to a dollar per recipe.
The hot sauce, Butter and Vinegar are all pantry items I always have on hand... FREE
As to the leftover Risotto, difficult to set a price.  The original version in the ingredients shown was already a dish made for Easter lunch with 8 people.  Seems like I got my monies worth from the dish.  But, to be fair to the experiment, the dish is a tad expensive to make.  Around $10 includes the expensive rice, wine, cheese and all those fresh vegetables.  So, let's say that I had 1/4th of the dish left over... so $2.50 for the risotto.  

Total came in at under $3.50....  less than $2 a serving for a main course meal in itself!!!

A Great meal for the costs!
Stay tuned, come on back tomorrow and see what else I make from the single bird!

******************************************************

This recipe has been added to my growing list of "52 Uses For a Rotisserie Chicken"  (Now close to 100!)...I am so confused... $5.49 for a fully cooked, fully seasoned Oven Roasted, Rotisserie Chicken. Yet shop in the raw meat department and most raw chickens are at best $8 each and usually far closer to $10. Anyone have an answer??? Me either. So, I can either rail against the machine, or learn to embrace the beauty that is the $5 chicken! In this pin are recipes I have made, and recommend. MORE than 52 (I just can't stop)..
You get the idea.  From Scratch Pizza to Chinese Take Out recipes, Lots of Soups and Chili... Appetizers to Main Courses (Still can't find a dessert, but I am looking).  More than enough ideas for that store nought bird to shine with just a little extra work

***********************PINTEREST*********************

Come and find me on Pinterest... Any of my "52 Ways to cook" Boards are worth following.  If you like this post, please take a second and "Pin" this to your own boards... Better yet, if you are part of a foodie group board please take a second and add this post to your group pins... best way to show your Love!

And BTW, if you are not yet part of a group board, drop me an email at Contact@eRecipeCards.com and request to be added to my group board... FAVORITE FOOD BLOGGERS! (be sure to include your pinterest ID when you write)  Once you are added, any pins you add will be seen by 10s of THOUSANDS of followers of the board (and growing daily).

Rules, only 2... 
  1. In order to join you need to start following the group board as well as at least one of my boards.
  2. And you must ONLY pin original sources, posts from food related bloggers only.  If you are a blogger, this is a great way to have thousands of potential readers see your work,  If you are a fan of bloggers, a great way to share your favorites...
    Come and be a part of ... FAVORITE FOOD BLOGGERS! on Pinterest

1 comment:

FMP