Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Buffalo Rotisserie Chicken Wings

Pin It Now!

It's taken this long...

After more than a year, more than 75 recipes in my collection of "52 Uses for a Rotisserie Chicken", it's taken me this long to do a chicken wing recipe.  Hard to believe since I LOVE Chicken Wings!!!

Of course there are only 2 wings for each rotisserie chicken, 4 pieces if you separate the drumette and the middle wing part (ditch the tips, no meat worth eating).  If you count the wing pieces in the photo above you will count 8 pieces, certainly enough to make a $5 to $10 restaurant appetizer order.  Not from a mutant bird, but they came from two birds.  Been planning this recipe so I saved up.

Worked so well, going to be doing this again... often (look for Pineapple Jerk wings next week).

Keep scrolling down for this easy to follow recipe...


OK... Simple enough, here's what I did...

This really is very easy and the way just about any bar would cook and serve them, precook the chicken (they will fry them, so these are healthier) and toss in sauce...


Buffalo Rotisserie Chicken Wings


Ingredients
  • 4 Wings from a Rotisserie Chicken Separated into 8 pieces, 4 Drumettes, 4 Middle Wings (discarding the tips)
  • 3 TBS Butter
  • 1 TBS Worcestershire Sauce
  • Several drops (I used 12) from Tabasco Brand Hot Sauce (to taste, less if you like, more if you dare)if
Cooking Directions
  1. In a Saute pan, over medium high heat, melt the butter
  2. Add the Worcestershire Sauce and the Tabasco Sauce
  3. Heat to just starting to sizzle and simmer
  4. Add the wings, saute for 3 minutes until heated through and well coated.
  5. Serve with BEER and ENJOY!!!

OK, as I said, not difficult at all...

First make the sauce... Heat the butter and mix in the Worcestershire sauce and the Tabasco sauce.  Be careful with the hot sauce, know your audience.  12 drops is perfect for me, my gentle wife loves these with 6 drops and my Mother in Law would complain about 2 drops... To taste is the term.

Cut up the wings, they separate at the joints easily enough.

And simply toss in the sauce.  Do the TV chef thing and toss or use tongs and turn to coat.  Just get the wings well coated.

3 minutes is about enough time to coat, allow all that sauce to suck up into the chicken and completely heat the meat!

And Garnish with Sour Cream.  If you used a lot of Tabasco, you may want to keep a glass of milk handy to cut the burn.

Enjoy!
***********

Yes indeed, one of my new favorite "52 Uses for a Rotisserie Chicken" (now over 75!!!).

I am trying something a bit new this round of recipes... My own little culinary challenge of seeing just what I can do with a single rotisserie bird.  This is a tiny bit of a cheat as I am using the wings from 2 birds, but you could easily do this with just the wings from a single bird

This is week Number three, chicken number THREE... and the Third recipe I made from the blessed bird. If you click HERE, you will see my page devoted to my "52 Uses for a Rotisserie Chicken" (now over 75!!!).  Scroll down to the bottom and you will see some of the possibilities of what you can make with a single bird (week one, seven dishes, week 2 a record EIGHT dishes all from the same bird).

I already used a leg quarter to make a Rotisserie Reubon Calzone for 2 People.  I still have more than half the bird for more to come!

I turned leftover side dish into a filling spicy Buffalo Chicken Risotto for 2 People with the meat from only one of the breasts.

I made a FANTASTIC Chicken Alfredo White sauce Pizza from one thigh

And now Chicken Wings!... with a breast and a leg that I made soup from (come back tomorrow for a new soup!!

My Goals for the experiment......
  1. Eat Well... Make something that tastes good.
  2. Recipes for 2 people. One of the great things about a rotisserie chicken is the versatility fr a quick meal for small dinners (breakfast and lunch). Save the BIG cooking for another day, let's have something for just my wife and myself (and young couples, empty nest couples and singles)
  3. Versatility... Just how many rotisserie chicken recipes are out there???
  4. Keep Track of the costs... Life on a budget, need I explain more?
  5. Go beyond the basic recipes and add some tips and HOT TO Photos appropriate for less experienced cooks so that indeed...ANYONE CAN COOK THIS!
I hope the tips and extra photos helped...

***********

So, as to cost for this dish....

The chicken averages out to a dollar per recipe.
Butter, a bit of Worcestershire sauce and a dozen drops of hot sauce... Not sure how to price these pantry items as I always keep these around.

Total came in at just $1....  12-13 Cents a WING!!!

A Great snack for the costs!
Stay tuned, come on back tomorrow and see what else I make from the single bird!

******************************************************

This recipe has been added to my growing list of "52 Uses For a Rotisserie Chicken"  (Now close to 100!)...I am so confused... $5.49 for a fully cooked, fully seasoned Oven Roasted, Rotisserie Chicken. Yet shop in the raw meat department and most raw chickens are at best $8 each and usually far closer to $10. Anyone have an answer??? Me either. So, I can either rail against the machine, or learn to embrace the beauty that is the $5 chicken! In this pin are recipes I have made, and recommend. MORE than 52 (I just can't stop)..
You get the idea.  From Scratch Pizza to Chinese Take Out recipes, Lots of Soups and Chili... Appetizers to Main Courses (Still can't find a dessert, but I am looking).  More than enough ideas for that store nought bird to shine with just a little extra work

***********************PINTEREST*********************

Come and find me on Pinterest... Any of my "52 Ways to cook" Boards are worth following.  If you like this post, please take a second and "Pin" this to your own boards... Better yet, if you are part of a foodie group board please take a second and add this post to your group pins... best way to show your Love!

And BTW, if you are not yet part of a group board, drop me an email at Contact@eRecipeCards.com and request to be added to my group board... FAVORITE FOOD BLOGGERS! (be sure to include your pinterest ID when you write)  Once you are added, any pins you add will be seen by 10s of THOUSANDS of followers of the board (and growing daily).

Rules, only 2... 
  1. In order to join you need to start following the group board as well as at least one of my boards.
  2. And you must ONLY pin original sources, posts from food related bloggers only.  If you are a blogger, this is a great way to have thousands of potential readers see your work,  If you are a fan of bloggers, a great way to share your favorites...
    Come and be a part of ... FAVORITE FOOD BLOGGERS! on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

FMP