Isn't that a pretty breakfast!
This post is actually just about the biscuits. Sort of a deconstructed McDonald's breakfast sandwich all in one. I had a couple of extras left over and they indeed make a great fast food meal in its' self grab and go sandwich to eat in the car.
Next time, I am making these with chicken and going to add some chicken gravy to the mix!
But today, it is all about the biscuit... Fast to make, easy to prepare and delicious to eat... Sausage, Cheese, Hot Sauce and a flaky biscuit... add a runny egg and some more sausage and you have a meal!
It's easy and only takes about 20 Minutes...
- 1/2 Pound Bulk Sausage, browned, fat drained
- 3 Cups Flour
- 3 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 1-1/2 Cups Buttermilk
- 6 drops Tabasco Sauce
- 1-1/2 Cups Cheddar Cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Spread a sheet of Parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Combine the flour and butter in a food processor and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse meal with some larger chunks of butter remaining.
- Drizzle in the buttermilk and Tabasco and pulse just until the dough comes together. Do NOT over mix.
- Turn the dough out into a large bowl and fold in the sausage and cheese. Again, do NOT over mix
- Using two spoons, shape the dough into walnut-size balls and drop on to the baking sheets.
- Flatten into 1 inch tall discs
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown and delicious
- Serve Warm, dress it up with a runny egg and maybe some more sausage and ENJOY!