It's time for the annual Cul-de-Sac Christmas Cookie Exchange. This year I brought several. A WONDERFUL adult savory Rosemary and Lime Drop cookie, My personal favorite from this year, a Butterscotch Cashew Bar... I even brought a Truffle that tasted exactly like a Mint Thin Girl Scout Cookie.
But these were the ones that got the Ooohs and Aaahs.
They also happen to be the ones I did the least amount of work to get the look.
Brown Eyed Baker Blog (and several places after that... Follow the Blue Lettering link to see Michelle's version).
They just could not be easier...
- 1 package NUTTER BUTTER COOKIES (yeap, the peanut butter cookies shaped like a peanut (or a snowman)
- 1 Package White Almond Bark
- 1 Package ORANGE TIC TACS
- 1 Package Mini M&M's
- a few melted Dark Chocolate Chips
- Melt the Almond Bark according to the directions on the package
- Dip each cookie to coat (almost like they planned it, 1 package of bark is enough to coat all of the cookies in a package)
- place the M&M's to match the photos, add the Orange "nose" and dip a toothpick in the melted chocolate chips to decorate the eyes (Michelle added a mouth on hers).
- Allow to cool and harden and you are done!
It was the parents of younger children that knew they would like them. These were the folks who folks who snapped them up in the exchange.
A beautiful presentation that kids and adults love. And SOOOO EASY!.
And a fantastic one of my "52 Cookie, Bar and Truffle Recipes". Load up the cookie jar, plenty of classics as well as interesting new combinations, sure to please!
And if you think you might want to give this Cookie a try yourself (very easy), please take a minute and "Pin" it to your Pinterest Boards. And if you want to see more of my Cookie Recipes, feel free to join the fun and Follow me...