This one is SOOOO easy... Yet as easy as it is to make, it is even better tasting than it sounds (or looks). The bread is actually Pillsbury Grand brand biscuits (the thick tube). So, no real yeast raising, etc to complicate things.
I have been in a soup mood lately, but since I am now just cooking for my wife and myself, I am constantly looking for new ways to make the next days' leftovers just a bit different. Easiest way to think of this is as the sandwich half of a soup and sandwich meal!
Bread... Cheese... Onions... Chicken...
Sounds like a chicken sandwich to me!
Of course, since they are biscuits, now I am going to warm the leftovers up with a little gravy and I have a Chicken and Biscuits breakfast. First time I made these, but will not be my last.
Oh and just one more week til Christmas... How about these on Christmas morning. A meal in itself.
Let's get to the recipe... It takes just a few minutes of hands on work, @25 minutes to cook and DELICIOUS...
Here's what I did...
EASY Chicken Cheese Savory MONKEY BREAD
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 TBS Whole Milk
- 1 (16.3 Ounce) Can Pillsbury Grands refrigerator biscuits
- 6 Ounces Cheddar Cheese (I used a smoked Cheddar Cheese), freshly grated
- 1/4 Cup (about 5) Green Onions, sliced
- 2 Chicken Quarters from a Rotisserie Chicken (I used the leg/thigh quarters), Meat stripped from the bone
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray an 8X12 inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and milk until well combined.
- Separate the biscuits. Cut each individual (8) biscuits into 4 quarters (now 32 pieces). Stir these into the egg/milk mixture.
- Fold in chicken, onions and cheese to evenly mix with the biscuit pieces.
- Transfer mixture to the baking dish... VERY IMPORTANT, arrange everything into a single layer.
- Bake at 350Â°F. for 23 to 28 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into squares.
- Serve HOT and ENJOY!!!
And of course the Rotisserie Chicken makes this easy to make. Making this one of my favorite additions to my "52 Uses For a Rotisserie Chicken"! A near perfect use of the chicken!
What could be easier and tastier?
And if you think you might want to give this dish a try yourself (very easy), please take a minute and "Pin" it to your Pinterest Boards. And if you want to see more of my Rotisserie Chicken Recipes, feel free to join the fun and Follow me...