Friday, February 10, 2012

EASY DELICIOUS Cold Doritos Corn Salad - 52 Side Dish Recipes

Pin It Now!

This dish has an odd little history...

Under the category of everything old is new again... Small town funeral food.

My wife's beloved aunt passed away a few weeks ago.  We attended the services along with nearly a hundred of Aunt Dorothy's Kids, Grand Kids, Great Grand kids, Nieces, Nephews and various lesser relatives (and in-laws) along with several hundred of the towns 2,000 residents.  Much beloved indeed.

And of course when you say much beloved in a small town, you get the "pot luck" funeral church basement meal.

Well, I found me a "new" dish that is decades old.  New, but has certainly moved into one of my "Top Five" Vegetable or Side dishes!


I am sure I will be revisiting this dish come summer grilling season.  After all, it is served cold.  I generally have most of the ingredients on hand (except the chips, but the gas station on the corner has those).  It works just as well as a dip as a side dish, and bottom line... just plain DELICIOUS!

It was the stand out of the pot luck for me, so you know it must be good!

I chose to use the "Spicy Nacho" version of Doritos.  When I tasted the dish, it was flavored with the Taco version.  Either one was excellent!  If you are worried about too much spice, maybe a version of this with the "Sour Cream and Onion" style.


So, Here's what I did...

Ingredients:

2 Cans of Sweet Corn, drained
2 cups Cheddar Cheese, grated
1/2 cup Mayonnaise
1/2 cup Ranch Dressing
1 medium Red Bell Pepper, diced
1/2 medium Red Onion, diced
1 bag (10 1/2 ounces) "Spicy Nacho" Doritos Corn Chips, divided

Mix everything together except the corn chips.
separate about 1/4th of the chips to use as a garnish
The other 3/4 bag crush coarsely and mix with the corn and mixings
Serve and enjoy!

Printable recipe...
For the time being...

Click the image to the left for a printable copy of this recipe. When the large image appears, right click the image and select "Copy Image". Then open a word document file, click paste and print. Prints on an 8 1/2 by 11 sheet of paper.

Soon, it will become a PDF file that you simply have to click and print.

3 comments:

  1. this looks wonderful deliciously done

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love doritos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make it without ranch dressing and use milk instead along with the mayo. I make it the night before and add the chips just before serving , it's a huge hit

    ReplyDelete

FMP