Oh Boy!!! Reuben Sandwiches...
But not just any Reubon Sandwiches, these are a spectacular version with all the classic ingredients of the only "invented Sandwich". All that's missing is the Rye (I like to make my sliders with Hawaiian Rolls).
I made these for an after Church social hour. 48 little bitty sandwiches (a couple of bites each) and bing bang boom, they were gone in a flash. Everyone loves Reubens!
It's very easy and fast to make these. I like to toast just the middle of each sandwich. Adds a bit of stiffness so the very very soft Hawaiian rolls stand up to the bites!
It also helps to melt the cheese that holds everything together.
These are designed for a fun night, the sandwiches are separate, but the gooey melty cheese links them all together so pulling them apart is part of the fun.
But really, the fun is in the delicious taste! Simple to make, fun to eat and delicious...
OK... Here's what I did...
Reubon Sandwich Sliders
Appetizers for a Crowd
Appetizers for a Crowd
- 48 Hawaiian Rolls
- 4 Cups Shredded Swiss Cheese
- 48 Frozen Meatballs. I always use 2 Pounds Corned beef, thinly sliced
- 1 (12 Ounce) can SWEET Sauerkraut
- 1 small bottle (6 ounces) Russian Dressing
- 48 Bread and Butter Pickle slices
- 1/2 Stick (4 TBS) Butter, Melted
- Sprinkle of Parmesan Cheese and Herbes de Provance
- Set your oven to broil
- Carefully slice the Hawaiian Rolls in half. Be careful to not mush them with too much force. use a good bread knife and let the knife do the cutting.
- Separate each bun. Arrange tops and bottoms, cut side up on separate cookie trays (remember to arrange so you know which top goes with which bottom) on a cookie sheet, toast both sides, the cut side up. I set the oven to broil and toast for just 2-3 minutes. Watch them so they do not burn, just a nice toast.
CHANGE OVEN SETTING TO 350 DEGREES
- Spread a layer of Swiss Cheese on the toasted side of the bottoms
- Add a slice of Corned Beef on each cheese lined bun bottom
- Add a bit of Sauerkraut to the top of the corned beef
- Add a 1/2 TBS of Russian Dressing on top of each Meatball
- Add a slice of pickle
- Add the tops. Brush with melted butter and generously sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese and Herbes de Provance.
- Cover the cookie sheets loosely with foil and bake for 10 minutes until the cheese has melted. Arrange in a casserole dish
- Serve Warm and ENJOY!