When done right, the blueberries pop open just as they are done baking releasing the sweet flavored juices into the tiny cakes creating a moist tender flavor filled bite of deliciousness!
These little gems have a couple of distinctions that set them apart...
Just a bit of sour cream adds some moisture to the muffins. Moist, tender, never dry goodness.
The blueberries are soaked in lemon juice and sugar to add extra flavor and juiciness that are timed to release that extra flavor into the muffin at just the right time.
Add a little lemon zest for extra lemony goodness and these are just about as good as they get!
Don't you just love Blueberry Muffins? This recipe will make 48 mini muffins. Perfect number to give a few away, take to a group or meeting and still have one or two left to start your day!
Keep scrolling down for this easy to follow recipe...
Mini BlueBerry Muffins
Kissed by Lemon
Kissed by Lemon
- To Prepare the Blueberries
2-3 Cups Blueberries
- Juice and Zest of 2 Lemons
- 2 TBS Sugar
- For the Muffins
12 TBS (one and a half Sticks) Butter
- 1 Cup plus 2 TBS Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs
- 3-1/4 Cups Flour
- 6 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Whole Milk
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 2-3 Cups of the Prepared Blueberries
- For the Topping
1/3 Cup FLour
- 3 TBS Sugar
- 3 TBS Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 TBS Cold Buttercut into small pieces
- For the Prepared Blueberries...
Mix the juice and zest of the lemons, add the blueberries and stir to evenly coat each berry. Allow to rest for 10 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- For the Muffins..
Pre-heat oven to 350. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together,
- Add the eggs one at a time and continue to mix until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients, Flour, Baking Powder, Salt.
- Back to the stand mixer, add the Milk, Sour Cream and Vanilla and cream for 1 minute.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and fold to mix.
- Add the prepared Blueberries and stir to evenly mix. Fold gently to mix, do not over mix, do not break the berries.
- In a prepared mini muffin baking sheet (non-stick spray is a must, the Blueberries will caramelize and stick), Spoon the batter into the pan, filling each cup to the level of the rims.
- Prepare the Topping...
Mix the sugars and the cinnamon together. Add the cut butter and rub together with your fingers until the mix becomes crumbles like the grains of sand on a beach.
- Sprinkle a bit of the topping onto each of the muffins.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the tops just start to crisp and the berries burst open.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes in the pan then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Serve warm with a COLD Glass of milk or room temperature with a HOT cup of coffee and ENJOY!