Sunday, August 16, 2015

FAST and EASY Hamburger Stroganoff - 52 Simple But Next Level Dishes

Pin It Now!

I've been in an "Old School" recipe mood recently.  this recipe comes with a back story.

My wife who rarely cooks (she has so many other talents and for years she had that inconvenient day job while I sat on my arse in mostly retirement) considers this one of her specialties.  Back when we were dating and she was trying to win my stomach (so my heart and mind would follow), this was one of those fantastic meals she made for me.

And it is indeed fantastic.  A ONE POT MEAL (well, two if you make the egg noodles).

SIMPLE PANTRY INGREDIENTS.  It does call for Sour Cream which may or may not be on your pantry list (Should be, just a baked potato for lunch is a staple for me... needs sour cream... But I digress).

And FAST ... Less than 30 minutes from raw hamburger to finished dish!

And did I mention how really really good this recipe is.  Tangy "exotic" flavors, and nostalgic memories of the last time I felt like this... I was falling in love!

Thanks Hon!

Keep scrolling down for this easy to follow recipe...


 OK... Here's what I did...


Hamburger Stroganoff


Ingredients
  • 1 Pound Hamburger
  • 1 TBS Butter
  • 1 tsp Salt
  • 1 tsp Pepper
  • 2 TBS Flour
  • 1 Cup Water
  • 1 Cup Sour Cream
  • 1 Package Lipton onion Soup Mix
Cooking Directions
  1. Saute ground beef in butter until browned.
  2. Add Seasonings
  3. Sprinkle Flour over meat and blend. Slowly add water and simmer, stirring occasionally until the gravy thickens.
  4. Remove from heat, add sour cream and soup mix and blend.
  5. Back to the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
  6. Serve HOT over rice or egg noodles with a slice of Garlic Toast, and I like LOTS of pepper on this... personal "to taste" option  for you ... and ENJOY!!!

******************************************************

This simple recipe has been added to my growing list of "52 Simple but Next Level Dishes"!

Kind of an odd title for these posts. But the longer sentence is... Simple recipes that are easy and inexpensive that will take your cooking to the next level... Things like easy pickled items (I always have a jar of Pickled Red Onions for sandwiches in my fridge). Or how about the easiest bread to make in the world... Beer Bread that is tasty on it's own but also makes a wonderful open face pizza style sandwich... With easy to make Tomato Sauce. Or how about Roasting Garlic for a spread on toast points for a unique appetizer. Infusing Oil with Herbs or spices or spicy peppers. Or how about making your own BBQ sauce. Nothing sets you apart as a grill master like setting out a jar of your own specialty BBQ Sauce.

You get the idea. These recipes are very simple, take very little time but will set you apart as a better cook...

***********************PINTEREST*********************

Come and find me on Pinterest... Any of my "52 Ways to cook" Boards are worth following.  If you like this post, please take a second and "Pin" this to your own boards... Better yet, if you are part of a foodie group board please take a second and add this post to your group pins... best way to show your Love!

And BTW, if you are not yet part of a group board, drop me an email at Contact@eRecipeCards.com and request to be added to my group board... FAVORITE FOOD BLOGGERS! (be sure to include your pinterest ID when you write)  Once you are added, any pins you add will be seen by 10s of THOUSANDS of followers of the board (and growing daily).

Rules, only 2... 
  1. In order to join you need to start following the group board as well as at least one of my boards.
  2. And you must ONLY pin original sources, posts from food related bloggers only.  If you are a blogger, this is a great way to have thousands of potential readers see your work,  If you are a fan of bloggers, a great way to share your favorites...
    Come and be a part of ... FAVORITE FOOD BLOGGERS! on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

FMP