Oh BOY are these little guys PACKED with flavor.
The white is a Cream cheese flavored with ranch Dressing and Garlic Chives (recipe below).
The Green is Spinach.
And the Red is a Sun Dried Tomato Pesto!
Of course you can buy a jar of that or feel free to MAKE YOUR OWN!... Just follow this LINK for my recipe for Sun Dried Tomato Pesto.
The combination of flavors makes this an irresistible very satisfying little snack. Perfect for any "Pass a Plate" event, PotLuck, Family gathering or just when you want a snappy little bite!
Keep scrolling down for this easy to follow recipe.
Spiral Spinach and Cheese Bites with Sun Dried Tomato Pesto
- 4 Large Burrito Size Tortillas
- 1 Bag (5 Ounces) Pre-Washed Spinach
- FOR THE CHIVE CREAM CHEESE 2 (8 OZ) Bricks Cream Cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/4 Cup Ranch Dressing
- 1/4 Cup Garlic Chives, Minced
- 1 Cup Sun Dried Tomato Pesto
- First, Make the Cream Cheese... In a Stand Mixer, combine the cream cheese the Ranch Dressing and the Chives. Mix at medium speed until the cheese becomes light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Lay out a Tortilla on a cutting boar. Spread about 1/4th of the Cream Cheese in an even coating over the entire Tortilla.
- Add a layer of the Spinach, overlapping to make a thicker layer.
- In the Canter of the Tortilla, over the cream cheese and spinach layers, add a line of the Sun Dried Tomato Pesto, about 1/4 inch round.
- With that line of pesto parallel to you, begin rolling from the bottom. Tight but not pressing too tight. Once you have the tortilla rolled into a log put it in the refrigerator for an hour for the cheese to set.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- Slice each Tortilla log into a dozen same size slices (about 1/3rd inch each). Discard (or cook's treat) the ends that do not look pretty, plate and return to the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serve chilled and ENJOY!
A list of something NEW worthy of being shown off at a neighborhood BYODish (Bring Your Own Dish) Party, a Family special occasion dinner, Any Big Holiday Gathering or of course that glorious day when you bring a dish to share with your Church family...
Ages ago, literally almost a half century ago I was listening to our pastor talking about a PotLuck Dinner. It happened to be scheduled around a church work day when we were expected to weed, polish and do general cleaning and maintenance around the church (you know, back in the day when there were no no-wax floors and church pews smelled of Old English furniture polish). I am of course paraphrasing, but as I recall the pastor said,
"A potluck, like a church requires work. At a potluck everyone is expected to contribute.. At a church no one should come empty handed and no one should leave unfed".I will confess that in my youth I brought more store bought plastic spoons and forks than I ever brought covered dishes and crock pots of fresh made love and caring delights. But now that I have become a hobbyist cook, I occasionally am reminded of those days and people from my youth. I reminded and I do wish that I could drop a dish of some new creation on those old tables at my fondly remembered Liberty Baptist Church. Tables covered with newspapers and loaded with God's bounty prepared with love and caring... Enjoy
Come and find me on Pinterest... Any of my "52 Ways to cook" Boards are worth following. If you like this post, please take a second and "Pin" this to your own boards... Better yet, if you are part of a foodie group board please take a second and add this post to your group pins... best way to show your Love!
And BTW, if you are not yet part of a group board, drop me an email at Contact@eRecipeCards.com and request to be added to my group board... FAVORITE FOOD BLOGGERS! (be sure to include your pinterest ID when you write) Once you are added, any pins you add will be seen by 10s of THOUSANDS of followers of the board (and growing daily).
Rules, only 2...
- In order to join you need to start following the group board as well as at least one of my boards.
- And you must ONLY pin original sources, posts from food related bloggers only. If you are a blogger, this is a great way to have thousands of potential readers see your work, If you are a fan of bloggers, a great way to share your favorites...
Come and be a part of ... FAVORITE FOOD BLOGGERS! on Pinterest