Monday, August 8, 2011

Reese's Peanut Butter BROWNIES - 52 Cookie Recipes

Pin It Now!

OH BOY!!!

I just think this recipe is the cat's meow on so many levels.  Not the least of which is the possibilities...


But I'll get to that is a second...

First, I LOVE the blog where I found this recipe. "Pinch of This, That and the Other" is where Nicole posts her work.  And wonderful work it is.  Nicole is a stay at home mom.  Mom to 2 youngens, preschool (she should be exhausted all the time).  Nichole is also a military wife, never forget the sacrifices these people make every day.  Supporting the troops is also supporting those who stay at home and serve.  Her blog bio says the family is stationed near Seattle, but shortly expects to be moved around the world for a few years in Japan.  In a quick read through of her blog, I believe they have made the jump across the big pond.  I am looking forward to following her blog when she makes this transition.

BTW Nicole, I have a very good friend who was stationed in England a couple of decades ago.  Only for two years, but his then 2 year old son picked up a habit he just cannot break.  He still enjoys a chocolate chip biscuit while the rest of us enjoy our cookies.  Even your tiny one is going to remember the stop in your life in some way.

But I digress...

Looking at Nicole's Labels cloud, she posts mostly baking and bread recipes.

Her photos are TOP NOTCH!  Like this shot of the brownie recipe I tried.

She is a bit new to blogging, but very active as a blogger.  She has posted @90 recipes since starting just 4 months ago.  OH, and BTW, Nicole, one more suggestion... I was lucky enough to be the tag along spouse while my wife worked for the US Gov in St Thomas (the US Virgin Islands (which BTW is not a penal colony of virgins).  I started a "Photo a day" blog that is now a cherished reminder of our time there (Click HERE to see that blog, a bit confusing as it starts at the end of the trip, but you will get the idea).  Some days I had a lot to say, some days I just posted a photo, just a suggestion... I love blogging.

ANY WAY...

As to this recipe... Reeses is my favorite candy bar, so I was drawn to this post.  And indeed, the bars I made are wonderful!  I made a few small changes (added some cocoa to make it double chocolate).  But I also got a suggestion from my beloved wife... And while I am at it, Let me give you another link that takes you to a post I did at the end of our trip to paradise that  fills you in on my MRS.... Click HERE to learn more of her inconvenient day job.

So, speaking of my wife... We trotted off to the store together with my shopping list.  Now normally I prefer for hr NOT to come with, as she makes suggestions that adds to my food budget.  But this day, she had an idea...

While Reese's is my favorite, currently Jackie is enjoying M&M's new PRETZEL centered candies.  She wondered if I could make her a batch of the M&M brownies along with my Reeses...

HMMM... Inspired indeed!!!

So, following almost to the letter Nicole's recipe, just changing half of the mixture to M&M's instead of all Reese's, and I have a happy wife (no small accomplishment).

Here's what I did...

Recipe inspired by "Pinch of This, That and the other" 's  Reese's Peanut Butter Bars 
Click the blue letters to see Nicole's original recipe.

1 cup butter
3/4 cup Brown Sugar
3/4 cup White Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla
2 large Eggs
2 cup All Purpose Flour
1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
1 tsp Baking Powder
1tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp instant Coffee
1 1/2 Cups Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
pinch of Salt
18 miniature Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
1 cup Pretzel M&M's

  • Preheat oven to 375 
  • In your stand mixer, Combine Butter and both sugars until creamy
  • add the vanilla and one egg at a time, again, until creamy and well mixed
  • Add the flour, cocoa and baking powder and soda and coffee (just that tiny amount really makes the Chocolate POP).
  • And finally, add the chocolate chips and make sure everything is mixed evenly.
  • Spread half the goo in the bottom of a square baking dish (mine is 8X8)
  • Take the wrappers off the PB cups and sink them into the goo on half the dish
  • spread the M&M's around the other half
  • Cover with the remaining chocolate goo
  • Bake for 30 minutes (mine came out nicely ... al dente, just a little raw, enough to be wonderfully gooey and fudgy, the way I like it.  Some may want to bake a little longer to make sure it is cooked cakey throughout).
  • Allow to cool before serving or get really wild and serve warm with ice cream!







This is one of those AMAZING recipes that will just make you think and think and think...

Elvis's anniversary of his death is coming up, slice some bananas instead of Reese's.  How about any typpe of candy bar (Twix, 3 Muskteers come to mind).

I am wondering (and hoping) that someone tries this idea with a row of Twinkee's in between the layers of brownies.

Ponder this enough and you will stay up nights with the possibilities!

And Halloween is just around the corner... Steal some of your kids candy (or use this recipe as a chance to cook with your kids and their treasures).

Nicole, I just think this is the cat's meow.  Loved every part of this and will be making this again (maybe with twinkees).

And everyone else, take a jump over to "Pinch of This, That and the Other", thank her for the sacrifice her family is making so her husband can serve and protect and tell her "Hi" from me.

And for a quick look at what she blogs, click on the logo link image to the right.  You will see all the eRecipeCards that Nicole has submitted to eRecipeCards.com.  You can add her recipes to your eRecipeBox (once you have a free account).

See how useful the site is and how easy it is to find new favorite bloggers!



These posts continue to highlight bloggers and recipes that I have found on  "eRecipeCards.com"...

7 comments:

  1. These brownies look incredible!! When I am ready for an all out chocolate treat - I'm making these - they look so squishy and plump - and delicious!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great combination.I want to make it right away.See you:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I own up ~ I am not a lover of peanut butter..................can I still stay here though! I wanted to say that those looks great and I liked peanut butter I would LOVE those, great photos too!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delectable brownies! Loved the combos here..simply irresistible!

    Thank you very much for stopping by my blog and leaving your precious views! Really appreciate that from a great cook. Well, I'm still under learning process in photography. Long way to go coz I don't have the patience at times...:)

    But, I'd still take your words as a compliment for me to get better. Thanks again, have fun and keep well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These brownies look so good, I have to make them. The combination of chocolate and peanut butter has my heart.
    You had me laughing out loud this morning with the reason that you prefer your wife to not go shopping with you. Us women just can't help it. haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so touched that you were inspired by one of my recipes and that you enjoy my blog. I love what you did with the recipe too! Cocoa makes everything better, yummy!

    http://pinchofthisthatandtheother.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

FMP