Saturday, July 30, 2011

Honey Mustard Grilled Chicken ala My Tasty Treasures

Pin It Now!
Hello again my friends, old and new...

Old friends will know me as Dave from my blog "My Year on the Grill".  You new folks probably found this blog while looking around the website,  "eRecipeCards.com".  Either way, I am the driving force behind both.

Welcome to my series of posts highlighting recipes that I personally have cooked (with a few adaptations, I am one of those cooks that just can not follow a recipe word for word, but I always find inspiration).  All of the recipes featured on this blog have appeared on eRecipeCards.com.  The site dedicated to bloggers as a place to see and to be seen.  One of the many features on eRecipeCards is an electronic recipe box set up for each individual user.  This eRecipeBox holds whichever of the submitted recipes on the site for easy access.  Easy to find whenever it clicks your memory. 

This particular recipe was added about a month ago.  I knew I wanted to give it a try, so I saved it in my eRecipeBOX, and fast as you can say, "Bob's (or wacky Dave's) your Uncle", it was only two clicks away from being found.  If you are not making use of the eRecipeBox on the site, bet your system of finding a recipe again is more complicated.... But I digress...

This recipe comes from Donna at the MY TASTY TREASURES Blog. Long time readers of My Tasty Treasures will notice a change in Donna's blog.  For a very entertaining more adult read, go back in her archives for a steamy look at food blogging.  Lately she has concentrated on the basics of her cooking experiences and dropped the R rating.  Either way, old style or new style, she is a joy to read whenever she posts.


I especially enjoy the look of her blog, bookend on each side with appetizing photos and links to some of her greatest hits.  Her Christmas cookie archives alone are worth bookmarking her site and being able to find again.  With only a bit less than 250 posts in the last three years, she has earned over 600 followers.  Her body of work has earned her spot as a Blue Ribbon blogger on eRecipeCards.com.  You can take a look at her submitted work by clicking HERE.


 Donna's personal life must keep her very busy.  I was exhausted for her just reading her profile.  Mother of 4, Step-Mother to 4 more, Registered Nurse, avid runner and wife to a fire fighter.  Much of the food she posts in her blog ends up at the firehouse.  And we all know, they deserve the best.


It has been a pleasure for me to look in on Donna's blog for the last 3 years.  It is also a pleasure to make this very easy, crowd pleasing recipe I found on eRecipeCards.com recently.  I just used the search feature to find something interesting to do with some boneless skinless chicken breasts.




It's a simple marinade/glaze for Honey Mustard grilled chicken breasts, with a couple of interesting surprise ingredients.


Oh, and one more reason I liked this post so much.  Her recipe also featured photos from a family wedding, including shots of her and her firefighter.  I always like being able to put faces and personalities to a blog and the recipes that are posted.  Donna, you look so happy and your firefighter made my wife purr.  Thanks for making your blog so personal and fun to read.  The rest of you should click HERE to see her original posting of the recipe and the photos of her and her hunk.


The recipe is very easy.  I made it just a bit easier as I tossed away the measuring cups and spoons.  Donna carefully listed the amounts of each ingredient used.


I just used ...


a BIG squirt of Honey (OK, about 2 TBS)
a BIG squirt of Dijon Mustard (OK, about 2 TBS
a BIG squirt of Mayonnaise (can you guess the amount???)
a BIG squirt of a commercial BBQ Sauce (yes, a couple of TBS)


And that's it, mix well, rub into the chicken breasts and grill normally.


I did that diamond turn thing to get the chicken especially pretty.  Get the grill HOT.  Plop the chicken over the hottest part of the grill and cook for 3 minutes.  Turn 90 degrees, return to the same spot and cook for another 3 minutes


Then flip over, insert a remote temperature thermometer prob into the thickest part of the chicken and cook until the internal temperature is 160 degrees.


Your chicken comes out soft, moist, tender and delicious!  The spice of the BBQ sauce, the tang of the mustard and the sweetness of the honey makes this a real winner for everyone.  Could easily serve these as an entree...


or




Add them to a WONDERFUL pasta salad that I also saw on eRecipeCards.com.


But for that recipe, you have to comeback tomorrow.


So, comeback tomorrow for another dish inspired from something posted on...




4 comments:

  1. Looks good! And yeah, Donna has been a lot more tame, lol. Like you said she rocks either way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a WONDERFUL recipe, and the photos are great too!
    Karen @ Lavender and Lovage

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Dave..
    I miss my R rated posts.. but my kids are older and don't want to embarass them...
    You are quite wonderful youself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be making that honey mustard chicken very soon. Donna does indeed post some great recipes.

    ReplyDelete

FMP