Saturday, December 8, 2012

Hot Chocolate - Just add Banana Rum, a Cool, Night and a Firepit


"Grab your snuggy and meet me at the firepit"...

That was the rallying cry for the neighborhood...



A beautiful, cool, crisp evening.  Temps were in the mid fifties.  Light the firepit, wrap yourself in a snuggy (we had to borrow a couple, but we had snuggies for everyone (are we the perfect hosts or what?), a mug of hot chocolate and pass around the bottle of banana flavored rum.


Cul de Sac Luxury...


These are really easy.


Get a good melting chocolate.  I used a special "fondue" chocolate, made specifically to be melted.  It was the same chocolate I used to dip the Strawberries.


I did add 2 heaping tsp. of cocoa powder to the 2 lbs of melted chocolate.


I also added 1/4 cup of heavy cream to the chocolate.


Melted the chocolate slowly so as not to burn.


While it was melting, I cut small circles of parchment paper to fit in the bottom of a mini muffin tin.


Then I sprayed a bit of non-stick spray on the sides of the mold.  You need to be sure to be able to remove the chocolate molds from the tin.


I added some decorative candy sprinkles to the bottom of the tin.


Added a heaping TBS of the chocolate to each mold


Inserted a spoon as it hardened so the spoon would stand up straight.


When cooled, I rolled the chocolate mold in some more of the decorative sprinkles.


And, when ready to serve, I just zapped some milk in the microwave till it was HOT.


Insert spoon with chocolate and stir for a few seconds till it starts to melt.


Pass the bottle for an extra little "kick"!



I did make extras.  I wrapped the extras in some waxed paper, tied with a bit of ribbon and gave each of our guests one to take home as a party favor (It was that or the snuggies, and NO ONE gets my snuggy).



Now really, don't you wish you lived in my Cul de Sac???


...

No comments:

Post a Comment

FMP