Friday, April 6, 2012

Bunny Bread - Hoppy Easter!!!


I TOTALLY Stole This.

I first saw it in a newsletter from Serious Eats out of NYC.

I was then directed to a most excellent new blog (to me), COOKISTRY !!!

Click this Bunny Bread Photo to see
Donna's Original Post with GREAT Tips
From the write up and the tips provided, I could tell that Donna had devoted a great deal of time and energy to get the correct look.  In fact, the image to the left is actually borrowed from Donna's COOKISTRY blog.  If you want to try this on your own, I HIGHLY recommend you check out her post (Click HERE for her original Bunny Bread post filled with LOTS of tips).

One of her tips I did not follow.  I actually had some bread dough rising when I first saw her post.  I was making a loaf of my "go to" ENG BREAD (a sweet French Bread, named for my beloved Cat, Eng). ...

Click the loaf of Bread Photo
to see my recipe for ENG Bread
This recipe is for a French Bread.  I do add a bit extra sugar to make a sweeter bread.  .


And of course, regular readers know that I make this bread in memory of my friend who passed away in 2010.


Herbed Eng Bread.  You know it, you love it, and it is nearly fool proof.

It's just a simple loaf of French Bread, with just a bit extra sugar and herbs mixed in.  Very easy, very fast and tastes great.  Go ahead make bread baking your Summer goal.

Anyway, Donna advised to use a dryer bread recipe.  I Like to make my Eng bread with a bit extra water.  But, I saw her post and wanted to give this an experimental shot before making the same loaf for Easter Sunday meal.  While my more wet dough lost a bit of the details that were visible in Donna's photos, I was certainly content with the look (made my wife squeal and I haven't been able to that for a week or more).  She recognized it and loved the look right away!

So, next time, I will probably stick with the Eng Bread recipe i make so often, just drop the water down by a couple of tsp.

But this post is all about the look of the bread.

Read over Donna's post (HERE) and take a look at the photo guide below.  As I said in the beginning, this is a total steal from Donna.  She deserves all of the glory for the post.  Through her trial and errors, she laid out exactly how to get this too cute for words look with no fails!

So, Thanks Donna... It worked like a charm and will be using a loaf of thsi to celebrate Easter in my home!

Here's a photo essay of what I did...




















Eng Bread makes a wonderful dipping bread.  It was especially tasty when I used O Olive Oil brand Clementine Pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil and a few dribbles of their most excellent White Balsamic barrel aged Vinegar!

3 comments:

  1. This is really clever. I just stopped by to say hello and wish you and Jackie a Happy Easter. I hope all is well. Hugs and blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks wonderful - I really like it!
    Great job
    Have a good holiday

    ReplyDelete

FMP