Thursday, November 10, 2011

THESE are the bloggers who are entered in the O Olive Oil cooking contest


Back on November 2nd, we announced our first ever cooking contest.  Not only will there be a prize for one of the submitted recipes (that's the prize, pictured above), but there will also be prizes for the best appreciated photo submitted during the contest, as well as the most appreciated food writing style among the selected bloggers.

It's been a very busy week, dozens of bloggers applied, but only 8 could be selected.  With regrets and promises of future similar events, it is my pleasure to introduce our 8 contestants...

Oh, but first... Even if you were not selected, I do hope that you appreciate any company that is willing to reward our hobby by taking such an active role ($500 plus in products to contestants and winners).  Do me a favor and take just a few seconds to send a FaceBook "Like" to our new friends at O OLIVE OIL...



Each of the contestants will receive a gourmet bottle of pressed citrus Olive Oil and a bottle of one of their most popular artisan Vinegar to be used in the contest.  The posts will be submitted on December 1st for your consideration.

In the mean time, here are the contestants (in order of their acceptance of the challenge...

Savory-Bites

Here's what Jessie has to say about herself from her Blog... "savory-bites is a food, recipe, and restaurant review blog. It chronicles the ice cream making, spoon licking, and hedonistic feastings of a 23 year old girl in the tri-state area"
Frugal Antics
Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker

And here is what Kristen has to say about herself... "Me, well, I am a SAHM mom of 5 that has baked professionally, catered and taught as well. With generations of great cooks behind me, I continue to push my own culinary limits while trying to keep up with the laundry that five kids create. In the process, I am finding ways to save money, make things at home that I would have bought at the grocery store a few years ago, and still create delicious, homey foods."


Cheap Ethnic Eatz

And here is what Evelyne has to say about herself... ""Well I have been eating since the day I was born for one thing. And my parents made sure I was exposed to as many tastes and smells as possible. To my mother’s surprise – and a bit of fear – I made muffins one Saturday morning as my parents were sleeping…oh I must have been 8. By the age of 14 I was inviting friends over for 4 course meals.  I have also tried many, many, many ethnic restaurants in my city. Montreal is truly blessed when it comes to delicious, exotic and varied cuisines. And so I started a dinner group called Cheap Ethnic Eatz, now with over 250 members."

u Try It

And Here is Amy... "I've been reading and following many food blogs for years. Writing one of my own? I was skeptical. That's the reason why I didn't start this blog sooner. What made me change my mind? There were two reasons. First, I've entered a few recipe contests in the past few months and received great reviews. My recipe was featured on the spotlight by the website's host, and received prizes on recipes I submitted. It's such a happy and warm feeling to know people like my recipes and creations. I just want to share with many more readers out there. Another reason was because of my husband. He encourages and supports me to get started with this blog, something I should have done a long time ago. "

Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen

Bobbi has a very interesting story... "I wasn't raised in a foodie family. My Mom had a hand full of "go to" dinners. Monday night Meatloaf, and Tuesday night Tuna Casserole, etc. Many of her recipes called for canned soups, and the sides consisted of processed boxed foods. Both of which were high in sodium and/or fat. In 2004 I underwent Gastric Bypass surgery, which helped me to lose 160 pounds. Through that process I began searching for new recipes to showcase great food with good flavor. It became all about quality to me."


Lake Lure Cottage Kitchen

Meet Penny... "I've been a serious cook since the time I took an introductory class in French cooking from Irena Chalmers in 1974. Since retiring, my husband and I have moved to our previous summer cottage in beautiful Lake Lure,NC. I want to share with you my favorite recipes and always evolving new ideas on cooking and entertaining. "
The Saucy Gourmet

Shari is from Tampa Florida. She started her blog as a diversion from a lay off and continues 3 years later. She is lucky enough to have a garden of pineapples and Meyer lemon trees in her yard. It's lucky that we have the cooking for the contest scheduled in November as she will need to start decorating her home with her collection of over 300 Santas!
The Project Table

Phoenix is home to Rainey of The Project Table. As much a do it yourself projects blog as it is a food blog, Rainey is always a delight to visit. She cooks for her husband and every growing crop of grandchildren when she can.



*****************************************

A wonderful group for the contest.  Coast to coast, even Canadian... as young as 23 and as old as... well let's be discrete to the Grandmas in the group. Classically trained home cooks to seat of her pants recipe practitioners.  It's gonna be fun to see what they create!

Look for their recipes to be posted on December 1st.  We will keep everyone informed!

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to be so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see this:) Followng:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am looking forward to this. Lots of competition from some great cooks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like I'm in very good company! This is going to be so much fun! Bring on the O Olive Oil! I'm ready to get cookin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm excited and honored to be selected as one of the contestants. :) Can't wait to get in the kitchen to create some tasty recipes! Thank you O Olive Oil and eRecipecards for hosting such a fun contest.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete

FMP